Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Got my prop wrench (boating post)

I just got my brand new Yamaha prop wrench from an eBayer at a nice
discount. It's time for the painful (expensive) search for the perfect
prop. I know I need to drop the pitch by at least two inches. A cup
may be in order to improve the hole shot. The stock aluminum prop
doesn't "bite" quick enough and lacks in the top end by 750 rpm's.

The variables are endless - diameter, pitch, cup, venting, etc. so this
time I'm trying something new. I have a good idea of what the diameter
and pitch should be. I'll get a SS prop in that size and let the prop
shop tweak it for me. The one thing I know for sure is the F90 is best
suited for a three-blade prop rather than a four.

Once that is settled, I'm going to look further into the value of a
narrow jack plate. So far it looks like the hydraulic plates aren't
much more $$ than a manual.

A boating post!!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 4 December 12th 08 01:12 PM
boating post CalifBill General 16 December 2nd 08 02:59 PM
Boating post Calif Bill General 4 November 25th 08 12:11 AM
A boating post. Bill McKee General 13 November 9th 05 06:23 PM
Prop wrench size David General 5 November 3rd 04 01:06 AM