Default Stimulus would let Caterpillar rehire workers: Obama

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:09:39 GMT, Zombie of Woodstock
wrote:

The American market is flooed with used and new equipment. Plus the
only thing that CAT makes worth the name "heavy equipment" are dozers
and those are a dime a dozen.

Jeesum - no wonder we're in trouble if all you liberals think like
this.

Just because you don't like "libs" there's no reason to get your knees
jerking.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Caterpillar_(CAT)
"(NYSE: CAT) manufactures heavy-duty vehicles and technologies
designed for constructing buildings and mining the earth. Worldwide,
Caterpillar is the leading manufacturer of engines and turbines used
in machinery, electric generators, highway and non-highway trucks, and
seaborne vessels."

I repeat, "the leading manufacturer of engines and turbines used in
machinery, electric generators, highway and non-highway trucks, and
seaborne vessels."
I don't really doubt that, but since it's from the net, I'll say now I
won't vouch for it.

Because I worked almost 9 years at the now defunct IH dozer plants, I
was no fan of Cat, even though my heart dropped when I stacked their
dozers against IH's. That's one of the reasons I left IH and went to
college. No future at IH.
But after IH bit the dust I put that local rivalry away and pulled for
Cat and its workers in Peoria over those in Japan.
And it was depressing to find myself visiting the U.S. Komatsu HQ in
my new life. Luckily, I never had to work there.
That's just stupid, old-fashioned "Americanism" but there you have it.
Just the way my knees jerk.
Cat appears to be the odd case of "globalism" working for an American
manufacturing company, but I don't know enough about it to judge how
it will come out in the end.
You might find this interesting - I do.
Speaks of our predicament, and presages the recent elections.

--Vic
Senior Member

wrote:

The American market is flooed with used and new equipment. *Plus the
only thing that CAT makes worth the name "heavy equipment" are dozers
and those are a dime a dozen.

Jeesum - no wonder we're in trouble if all you liberals think like
this.

Just because you don't like "libs" there's no reason to get your knees
jerking.

It has nothing to do with weather or not we like libs. It has to do
with being forced to be on without any debate or say. It has to do
with a 7 billion dollar payoff to those who voted for or manufactured
votes for Obama and the Pelosi-Ried actions that led us to this
situation. A forced recession that was contrived solely to regain
power in the Whitehouse and now is determined to make sure half the
country never has a say in our future again. Now the Whitehouse is
going to take over the Census, where will it ever stop?

[...]

Speaks of our predicament, and presages the recent elections.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...06/04/18/AR200...

--Vic

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 04:43:10 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Feb 12, 7:33Â*am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:09:39 GMT, Zombie of Woodstock

wrote:

The American market is flooed with used and new equipment. Â*Plus the
[...]

The truth is the truth to me.
I was refuting Tom's claim about Cat.
That's all.
Maybe his knees weren't jerking to Salty's strings.
I don't really care.
As I said, I've got my own knee jerk mechanisms.
You guys just don't know the right strings.
Well, maybe.

--Vic