Default When America *was* America...

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Speaking of when America *was* America ... (with all due appologies to
our hemisphere neighbors)

This collection represents better days in the automotive industry.

It will appeal to the Chevy fans, and is possibily the greatest
collection of that GM brand around.

There is also something very unusual about this collection. First
person to recognize what it is gets a free, rec.boats "Atta-Boy" (or
Girl, as the case may be)

http://www.eisboch.com/chevy.html

Eisboch

Kinda hard to tell, but are they all rag tops?

That's it. Surprised me because when I first studied this collection and
was told there was something unusual about it, I didn't get it. I was
looking for colors, or room uniqueness, etc.

I guess I'll never be a detective.

Eisboch

wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:45:57 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Zombie of Woodstock wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:39:46 -0500, HK wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uyWRkoX4o

I had more fun with my Gilbert Chemistry set than you can imagine.
That's what got me interested in science and math to tell the truth.

My favorite thing was mixing up test sets for soil acidity, pH and
stuff like that. I even made a chemical Barometer once.

Man that was fun. My brother has all our American Flyer train sets -
one
of my Dad's
friends at the Milwaukee Sentinel was a huge model train buff and gave
us a bunch of stuff every year. I never got into trains for some
reason - I was more into radios and chemicals. :)

--

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

I had chem sets and erector sets, too. I used to build some humongous
stuff with the erector sets, but if memory serves, there were no lock
washers, so everything eventually sort of loosed itself to bits.

I liked the part of the chemistry set where you made rocket fuel, etc. As
to erector sets, never had one, but since dad owned one of the bigger
machine shops in the area, I got to build with real steel. Could turn out
great breech loading cannon on the lathe at 10 years old. Then could put
the chemistry set to use. Jetex fuses were the purchased parts.

The best amateur rocket fuel for the masses was potassium nitrate and
sugar, baked in the oven. You could put this in an empty Crossman CO2
cylinder with the end drilled out to 1/4" and shoot a Bering cigar
tube into the next zip code.
Harder to get was zinc dust for zinc dust and sulphur but that went
right up too.
Don't use match heads. That makes a grenade. ;-)

We used zinc dust and sulphur. For some reason we had no problem getting
the zinc. And since grandparents and uncle ran a farm, powdered sulphur was
available in gross amounts. We used a lot of aluminum tube the we necked
down the nozzle portion. They went extremely well.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Speaking of when America *was* America ... (with all due appologies to our
hemisphere neighbors)

This collection represents better days in the automotive industry.

It will appeal to the Chevy fans, and is possibily the greatest collection
of that GM brand around.

There is also something very unusual about this collection. First person
to recognize what it is gets a free, rec.boats "Atta-Boy" (or Girl, as
the case may be)

http://www.eisboch.com/chevy.html

Eisboch

He could not afford ones with metal roofs.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Speaking of when America *was* America ... (with all due appologies to
our hemisphere neighbors)

This collection represents better days in the automotive industry.

It will appeal to the Chevy fans, and is possibily the greatest
collection of that GM brand around.

There is also something very unusual about this collection. First
person to recognize what it is gets a free, rec.boats "Atta-Boy" (or
Girl, as the case may be)

http://www.eisboch.com/chevy.html

Eisboch

He could not afford ones with metal roofs.

LOL. I don't think affording anything is one of his problems.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Speaking of when America *was* America ... (with all due appologies to
our hemisphere neighbors)

This collection represents better days in the automotive industry.

It will appeal to the Chevy fans, and is possibily the greatest
collection of that GM brand around.

There is also something very unusual about this collection. First
person to recognize what it is gets a free, rec.boats "Atta-Boy" (or
Girl, as the case may be)

http://www.eisboch.com/chevy.html

Eisboch

Kinda hard to tell, but are they all rag tops?

That's it. Surprised me because when I first studied this collection and
was told there was something unusual about it, I didn't get it. I was
looking for colors, or room uniqueness, etc.

I guess I'll never be a detective.

Eisboch

I picked up on that in about 10 seconds...mainly because convertibles aren't
that popular or practical in our cool damp climate.
mmmmmm I guess boats and motorcycles could also fit that category.

"John H" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:54:04 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 8, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uyWRkoX4o

No, it was the United States then, and still is. Unless you're talking
about the continents.

Do you even know what 'continent' you're wasting space on, dummy?

My guess: he is incontinent.

~~ Snerk ~~

It's interesting to see that you find such posts worthy of 'praise'.

Hit a bit too close to home for you.......?
They have meds that might help.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 8, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uyWRkoX4o
No, it was the United States then, and still is. Unless you're talking
about the continents.

Do you even know what 'continent' you're wasting space on, dummy?

My guess: he is incontinent.
~~ Snerk ~~

It's interesting to see that you find such posts worthy of 'praise'.

Hit a bit too close to home for you.......?
They have meds that might help.

Well, that depends...

wrote in message
On Feb 9, 12:57 pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 9, 9:58 am, "Don White" wrote:

wrote in message

On Feb 8, 8:39 pm, HK wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uyWRkoX4o

No, it was the United States then, and still is. Unless you're talking
about the continents.

Do you even know what 'continent' you're wasting space on, dummy?

Uh, YOU are the one that can't figure that out. Remember? YOU were the
one that was saying something about "Americans" when you ARE one.

Duh! I live north of the border in the *true* Land of the Free.....Canada
Although I do see sunnier days on your horizon, if y'all will just
co-operate and quit lookin' for a handout.

Man you are dumb. You just can't quite grasp the concept that you are
living in North America, can you? You see, I understand that you don't
know this, but our country is called The United States *OF*
America............

I see...when things are going good for y'all down there it's 'Canada who'??
Now that you'd screwed the worlds financial systems.. it's 'us'.
Forget it... your screwup...you take the blame like men.

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:18:20 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Speaking of when America *was* America ... (with all due appologies to our
hemisphere neighbors)

This collection represents better days in the automotive industry.

It will appeal to the Chevy fans, and is possibily the greatest collection
of that GM brand around.

There is also something very unusual about this collection. First person
to recognize what it is gets a free, rec.boats "Atta-Boy" (or Girl, as the
case may be)

http://www.eisboch.com/chevy.html

Are they all rag tops?

--

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."

W.C. Fields

Welcome to America *JimH* General 10 October 28th 05 01:33 AM
Welcome to America bb General 0 October 27th 05 06:53 PM
OT - Air America Mule General 118 October 16th 05 01:31 AM
Well done America! Popeye ASA 0 November 6th 04 11:26 AM