Default What I Don't Like...

On Jan 31, 8:14*am, HK wrote:
...about many of today's computers...

WIDE SCREEN MONITORS

I don't mind wide so long as the monitor is tall, too. But too mmany
damned monitors really emphasize wide, I suppose to accommodate
displaying movies.

But that means there is less room to display a page of copy you might
have written, or the full page on a book or magazine.

Oh well..

The local comp. store sells a 32 inch monitor....shall I order you one?

On Jan 31, 4:54*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:14:19 -0500, HK
wrote:

...about many of today's computers...

WIDE SCREEN MONITORS

I don't mind wide so long as the monitor is tall, too. But too
mmany damned monitors really emphasize wide, I suppose to
accommodate displaying movies.

But that means there is less room to display a page of copy you
might have written, or the full page on a book or magazine.

Oh well..

Huh?

--

Math illiteracy affects 8 out of every 5 people.

The vertical is compressed in favor of the horizontal.

Rotate the monitor. Any proper OS and monitor will recognize this and
adjust.

Did that...works...pain in the ass flipping one way and then another..
Problem is these damned "letter box" monitors. :)

Right now, I am using the 21" monitor from my old PC desktop with my
Mac
laptop. I was amazed the video chips in the Mac would drive this
monitor
at its native 1600x1200 resolution, but it does and does it well. For
most apps that are not movies, though, the width on a Mac is overkill.
I'm still fiddling, though, and will find a solution that suits me.

Think software development or circuit design where screen real estate
horizontally is king. 15 years ago my boss the Director of Ops chewed me
out for buying 19" monitors for the developers. I gave her my 15"
monitor and asked her to go trade mine for anyones 19". No takers.- Hide
quoted text -

The wide screen format is even more useless on TV. Twice as wide as
tall so nobody's head fit in the screen, much less full body shots or
decent scenes. Nobody sees like that, we see in about the shape of
conventional tv, it is just frekin' rediculous. I was watching the new
Miami Vice (btw sucks boring, over directed.. etc..) the other night
on wide screen format, you have to keep going back and fourth to see
scenery that is totally irrelevant to the story line anyway. That's
why those panoramic cameras never really took off, I've got one
sitting in a drawer, used it maybe once then realized it was stupid...

---------------------------------

If the programming is in 4:3 aspect ratio, why don't you watch it in such?

I love widescreen but only for video content designed for it.

Eisboch

*Poor JustHate!
I set my screen mode to 'Normal'
This allows me to view the 4:3 aspect programming with the two black bars on
either side.
When I switch to HD programming, the video fills the screen and everything
is in proportion.- Hide quoted text -

He cant afford what you have.....

The cost of the monitor would be 3 weeks stomping bricks for him.
MORE STRAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dance, you dog !!!!!!

"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:

[...]

JustHate has no time for TV...HD or otherwise.
He had better get busy and find a place for that motorcycle. Imagine his
poor long suffering wife putting up with a dirt bike in her kitchen..month
after month.

HK HK is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Wait...he stores his motorcycle in the kitchen?

"HK" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

That's what he claims...but he could be full of crap.
I'm thinking his wife would have 'scalped' him by now...no more ponytail.

On Feb 1, 1:24*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

news:iamdnekNWcB28hnUnZ2dnUVZ_heWnZ2d@giganews. com...

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I'm thinking his wife would have 'scalped' him by now...no more ponytail.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe his Wife is blind? And he bribes " the mouse " not to tell. That
would explain it..... What else does he bribe " the mouse " not to
tell about?????
HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

He has a ponytail?

Sheeeesh. He's a hillbilly.
Senior Member

"HK" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

tell about?????- Hide quoted text -

I can see why mommie commited suicide, if I had to share a double wide
with you I would too....
HK HK is offline

"HK" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Jan 31, 9:40 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You really keep a motorcycle in your kitchen?

For real?