Default What do Bernie Madoff and Global Warming...

On Jan 30, 8:10*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
have in common?

"By now far too many scientists have knowingly colluded in an historic
fraud, one that would put Bernie Madoff to shame. We are seeing
political larceny here on a truly planetary scale."

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/anthrop...ng-the-greates....

Facts debunk the myths:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...4655-5017272,0....

You are sooooooo unconvincing. What I cannot figure out is what is
motivating the righties to fight so hard against ways to lessen man's
impact on the environment.

I don't think anyone is against protecting the environment.
What many are against is reactionary, knee-jerk over-responses to
"problems"
that doesn't exist in the qualified opinion of many experts.

The calls to action often cause more problems than the initial concern.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Those in the know are no worried about the arctic ice melt because
it's a risk to national security. The arctic ice was a nice buffer
between us and potential harm.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:34:50 -0500, HK wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
have in common?

"By now far too many scientists have knowingly colluded in an historic
fraud, one that would put Bernie Madoff to shame. We are seeing
political larceny here on a truly planetary scale."

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/anthrop...ud-in-history/

Facts debunk the myths:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...017272,00.html

You are sooooooo unconvincing. What I cannot figure out is what is
motivating the righties to fight so hard against ways to lessen man's
impact on the environment.

It's not a question of lessing the impact or cleaning the air or
pollution control. I'm not against any of that - in fact I'm pro
environment and when I was Vice-Chairman of the town's Planning and
Zoning board and Chairman of the Conservation Commission, I was a
royal pain-in-the-ass to developers. I wasn't anti-development
either, but I made sure they had their ducks in a row and that the
impact to the local eco systems were either zero or minimalized.

It's a question of pawning off bogus science as "settled". It's a
giant trade system built to benefit a few - including Al Gore who has
made millions trading carbon credits based on dubious statistical
methodology which cheerfully ignores historical trends plus solar
science while supporting flat out statistical lying and the
ostrasizing scientists who dare question the "settled" science.

The gist of the articles, which you obviously didn't read, is that
good science is posing questions and poking/prodding data to find
flaws, questions assumptions and test theories. Climate change
science, as currently practiced, isn't good science.

Are there changes in climate - sure there are. The question is what
is causing it and the more closely the "settled science" is examined,
it's becoming more evident that it's base assumption of
anthropomorphic changes made by man are false.

A good example is the recent contretemps over the "cow" tax - that cow
farts area major component of "global warming".

Here's a fact for you - there were more buffalo running around the
Great Plains of the US than the entire dairy and beef industry herds
currently in production. Buffalos fart too.

Think about it instead of blaming "righties" for not being politically
correct.

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:39:03 +0000, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

Here's a fact for you - there were more buffalo running around the Great
Plains of the US than the entire dairy and beef industry herds currently
in production. Buffalos fart too.

Come on, everyone knows cows are way more flatulent than buffalo. It's
the diet. ;-) IIRC, the Gaia theory holds that termites are responsible
for the supply of methane.

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message

Speaking of climate change .....

At what point does local weather patterns and trends shift into climate
patterns and trends?

I just want to know if the 7 foot piles of white crap piled up all over my
yard is due to weather or climate change.

Eisboch

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:43:50 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .

Speaking of climate change .....

At what point does local weather patterns and trends shift into climate
patterns and trends?

I just want to know if the 7 foot piles of white crap piled up all over my
yard is due to weather or climate change.

By definition it's climate change. That's the beauty of it - climate
changes every second of every day of every year. :)

--

Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive
(the damn thing blew up)

jps jps is offline

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
have in common?

"By now far too many scientists have knowingly colluded in an historic
fraud, one that would put Bernie Madoff to shame. We are seeing
political larceny here on a truly planetary scale."

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/anthrop...ud-in-history/

Facts debunk the myths:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...017272,00.html

You are sooooooo unconvincing. What I cannot figure out is what is
motivating the righties to fight so hard against ways to lessen man's
impact on the environment.

They want the earth and tax cuts to remain status quo.

They're just as stubboron about the (in)validity of both.

I just heard yesterday that Moody's did an analysis on how to
stimulate the economy.

Food stamps was the winner. Every $1.00, $1.73 was done in commerce.
Employment insurance was next with $1.64 per dollar invested. Tax
cuts for small business? Accellerated depreciation on new equipment
returned .33 for every dollar invested since it takes a long time for
business to identify and make the investments.

This doesn't account for the longer term effects, just the immediate
effect of stimulating the economy.

Naturally, food stamps aren't being considered in the stimulus bill.

I'm not defending the stimulus bill that's being considered. I think
it's a cluster ****.
HK HK is offline

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't have tossed in a dime to "bail out" the financial community,
and I don't believe "small business" will do anything but try to survive
in some sort of greatly reduced circumstances. Small business is not in
an expansionary mood.

I just heard made a $45 billion profit last year, and Wall Street is
handing out $18 billion in bonuses. **** 'em, and stick 'em with excess
profits taxes and special taxes on those huge unearned bonuses.

What we need is some blood on the streets and some corporate-banking
heads on pikes, followed by a restructing of society. No executive in
any company should be making more than 50 times the wage of the average
worker in that company, for starters.

We've got to start drumming out greed as a motivator.

HK wrote:

I wouldn't have tossed in a dime to "bail out" the financial community,
and I don't believe "small business" will do anything but try to survive
in some sort of greatly reduced circumstances. Small business is not in
an expansionary mood.

**** 'em, and stick 'em with excess
profits taxes and special taxes on those huge unearned bonuses.

What we need is some blood on the streets and some corporate-banking
heads on pikes, followed by a restructing of society.

We've got to start drumming out greed as a motivator.

Have you ever wondered why you have NO input on anything? No one cares
what you think, and that is why you life consists of nothing but eating
and typing at your keyboard. How do you get those fat fingers to hit
the correct keys?
--

Looking to for a good time?

click here to make yourself feel good.

http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:52:45 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

HK wrote:

I wouldn't have tossed in a dime to "bail out" the financial community,
and I don't believe "small business" will do anything but try to survive
in some sort of greatly reduced circumstances. Small business is not in
an expansionary mood.

**** 'em, and stick 'em with excess
profits taxes and special taxes on those huge unearned bonuses.

What we need is some blood on the streets and some corporate-banking
heads on pikes, followed by a restructing of society.

We've got to start drumming out greed as a motivator.

Have you ever wondered why you have NO input on anything? No one cares
what you think, and that is why you life consists of nothing but eating
and typing at your keyboard. How do you get those fat fingers to hit
the correct keys?

What are you getting out of butt sniffing Harry's posts?

Does it enrich your life? Will you consider all the hours you spent
tailing him around on usenet when you're on your death bed?

Go do something productive.

"HK" wrote in message
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
have in common?

"By now far too many scientists have knowingly colluded in an historic
fraud, one that would put Bernie Madoff to shame. We are seeing
political larceny here on a truly planetary scale."

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/anthrop...ud-in-history/

Facts debunk the myths:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...017272,00.html

You are sooooooo unconvincing. What I cannot figure out is what is
motivating the righties to fight so hard against ways to lessen man's
impact on the environment.

While I agree we should be concerned about the environment, I knew from the
start global warming was a farce of gigantic proportions. Fostered by
statism and greed for our green.

It was and is only a tool used to keep our minds off of the corruption, war,
recession/depression and government incompetance. Nothing more. People
like to focus their anxiety, "green CO2" was "politically correct"...but a
farce none the less.

We as humans over estimate the amount of control we have on such things like
weather. We are in fact slaves to our environnent and will for all
intensive purposes, always will be. We think we control a lot more than we
actually do. One nice solar flare, and in 9-12 minutes or so it is all over
as the earth is fried to a crisp. I just hope if/when it happens I get to
land the fish first.

Global warming? Calif Bill General 23 August 27th 08 01:54 PM
More on Global Warming... Eisboch General 0 November 14th 07 05:42 PM
More on Global Warming RJSmithers General 63 April 10th 07 08:18 PM
More on Global Warming Gilligan ASA 15 October 14th 06 12:19 AM