posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default More on Global Warming

Trials for those who disagree with a "consensus":

http://epw.senate.gov/fact.cfm?party=rep&id=264568

Round them up, put them in cattle cars and ship them off to the gas
chambers!

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Democrats in action.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:56:18 -0600, "Gilligan"
said:

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Interesting that after Imhofe's relative obscurity for some time, he's
finally prodding enough for the empire to strike back. The Times ran an
editorial attacking him today. My suspicion is that the enviros would have
been better off leaving him as a voice crying in the wilderness.

Good point. I'm an optimist and believe that if people are allowed to see
all sides of any argument (facts included) they can make sound judgements
themselves. Apparently the eco-wackoes believe this too and that is why they
must beat down any form of dissent. This whole man -caused - global -
warming - hypothesis is just a means to a totalitarian ends. Why are these
true believers so intolerant of differing opinions?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

Trials for those who disagree with a "consensus":

http://epw.senate.gov/fact.cfm?party=rep&id=264568

Round them up, put them in cattle cars and ship them off to the gas
chambers!

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Democrats in action.

I love this kind of condemnation; Gore granted an interview to the rag
so therefore his beliefs and the magazines' are the same. Using the
same standard, R. Reagan spoke with Gorbie, so he must have been a
communist. Utter bull****.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default More on Global Warming - Volcano's or Al Gore's hot air

Gilligan wrote:

"Dave" wrote

"Gilligan" said:

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Interesting that after Imhofe's relative obscurity for some time, he's
finally prodding enough for the empire to strike back. The Times ran an
editorial attacking him today. My suspicion is that the enviros would have
been better off leaving him as a voice crying in the wilderness.

Good point. I'm an optimist and believe that if people are allowed to see
all sides of any argument (facts included) they can make sound judgements
themselves. Apparently the eco-wackoes believe this too and that is why they
must beat down any form of dissent. This whole man -caused - global -
warming - hypothesis is just a means to a totalitarian ends. Why are these
true believers so intolerant of differing opinions?

If Gore is basing his political campaign on Global Warming, he has to
demonize those who cite facts that undermine his case. He can't attack
the facts that don't support his case--he can ignore the facts, and he
can
attack the scientists and meterologists--our best experts.

I'll bet Gore's movie does not mention the volcano under the Larsen B.
I'm sure he shows lots of film of ice breaking off to scare people.

The Larsen B ice shelf, a large floating ice mass on the eastern side
of the Antarctic Peninsula, has shattered and separated from the
continent. The shattered ice formed a plume of thousands of icebergs
adrift in the Weddell Sea. A total of about 3,250 km2 of shelf area
disintegrated in a 35-day period beginning on 31 January 2002. Over
the last five years, the shelf has lost a total of 5,700 km2, and is
now
about 40 percent the size of its previous minimum stable extent.

The Larsen B shelf was about 220 m thick. Based on studies of ice
flow and sediment thickness beneath the ice shelf, scientists believe
that it existed for at least 400 years prior to this event, and likely
existed since the end of the last major glaciation 12,000 years ago.

That works out to 7.15 quadrillion cubic meters of ice that will melt.
One volcano did that.

I think the last bit of the above quote was an attempt to
sensationalize
the "global warming" premise. The reality was quite different. A
volcano
was found under the ice shelf--a mega sized heat source under ice
is surely "the significant factor" that caused the Lassen B ice shelf
break off.

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.js...=NSF&from=news
[You might have to search for this article]
Press Release 04-071
Scientists Discover Undersea Volcano Off Antarctica

Evidence of the volcano came as an unintended bonus from a research
plan to investigate why a massive ice sheet, known as the Larsen B,
collapsed and broke up in early 2002. Since that date, no mention
has been made of this fact in any press releases. Why? Because
it does not fit the agenda of the Global Warming kooks who want you
to believe that man is evil and causes all the worlds envirnomental
woes. The fact that the Sun, and things like volcano's are the
dominant
factors--both of which are beyond our control, are the only significant
factors in global warming or cooling is contrary to the liberal agenda,
which uses fear to control a mostly ignorant population.

It has reached the point where I feel the other side needs to step up
to the plate and make a movie that is factual instead of
sensationalizing
the issue.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:

Trials for those who disagree with a "consensus":

http://epw.senate.gov/fact.cfm?party=rep&id=264568

Round them up, put them in cattle cars and ship them off to the gas
chambers!

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Democrats in action.

I love this kind of condemnation; Gore granted an interview to the rag
so therefore his beliefs and the magazines' are the same. Using the
same standard, R. Reagan spoke with Gorbie, so he must have been a
communist. Utter bull****.

Cheers
Marty

Reagan condemned Communism.

Has Gore condemned the very idea of trials for scientists?

Gore has also said that cigarette smoking is a significant cause of global
warming. (Yet he smokes and lives off of tobacco money, just like Lenin
lived off of money from a British factory).

Gore was for the Kyoto Treaty which exempts Communist China, the earth's
largest pollutor, from any controls.

If anyone is a Commie it is Gore.

What about those bags of cash he took from them?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

Round them up, put them in cattle cars and ship them off to the gas
chambers!

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Nice job Glen. A thread that comes pre-Godwined. Thanks for taking the
workload off the rest of us.

//Walt

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Walt" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:

Round them up, put them in cattle cars and ship them off to the gas
chambers!

The thought police may be knocking on your door next.

Nice job Glen. A thread that comes pre-Godwined. Thanks for taking the
workload off the rest of us.

If you read the article you will find that the
Pro-Humanity-Causing-Global-Warming-Believers invoked the Nuremberg trial.
So does that mean they automatically lose by Godwin's Law?

Lloyd Bonifide

posted to alt.sailing.asa

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061013/D8KNNNOO1.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061013/D8KNNNOO1.html

You have a point here? Don't most global warming models predict more
unusual and unpredictable events (is that some sort of Zen thing)?

Cheers
Marty