Default Heat exchanger for a boat?

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
If you have a small cabin on a boat can you get a small heat exchanger
that heats in winter and cools in summer that runs on 12 volts? What
kind of system would you use?

No.

Eisboch

Huh?

For cooling, have a fine mist of water go into the air upwind of the boat.
Just like outdoors in Vegas.

Heating is more difficult, as it takes much more energy. If your boat is
inboard and motor running maybe grab the heat from the motor?

If a device takes 110VAC, use a converter but know that heaters take a lot
of juice to run. If the boat is big enough, maybe a propane furnace? But I
don't think that would work on a 20'.

On Jan 29, 8:09*pm, wrote:
If you have a small cabin on a boat can you get a small heat exchanger
that heats in winter and cools in summer that runs on 12 volts? What
kind of system would you use?

Get yourself an old Bus, or conversion van rear heater. You can run
lines off the motor for heat, but as for cooling...nada.

I hate to be simplistic or take the fun out of anyone's project,
but...

In the time it would take to read this thread, you could visit
http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14018

Get a professional on the phone and order the right thing. If it were
my time and money I'd spend it paying an expert rather than on
becoming an expert myself.

AsianDoll

Since its my school semester break I have been using my free time
playing games like a href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com
/a a href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://manga.gamestotal.com http://manga.gamestotal.com /a

wrote in message
I hate to be simplistic or take the fun out of anyone's project,
but...

In the time it would take to read this thread, you could visit
http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14018

Get a professional on the phone and order the right thing. If it were
my time and money I'd spend it paying an expert rather than on
becoming an expert myself.

AsianDoll

What "thing"?

I didn't see any air-conditioning systems or heaters that run on 12 volts
there.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Jan 30, 4:56*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

I hate to be simplistic or take the fun out of anyone's project,
but...

In the time it would take to read this thread, you could visit
http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14018

Get a professional on the phone and order the right thing. If it were
my time and money I'd spend it paying an expert rather than on
becoming an expert myself.

AsianDoll

What "thing"?

I didn't see any air-conditioning systems or heaters that run on 12 volts
there.

Eisboch

Well, I have decided I can use the generator.. and like I said, I am
much more concerened with cooling than heat...

HK HK is offline

wrote in message

I hate to be simplistic or take the fun out of anyone's project,
but...
In the time it would take to read this thread, you could visit
http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14018
Get a professional on the phone and order the right thing. If it were
my time and money I'd spend it paying an expert rather than on
becoming an expert myself.
AsianDoll

What "thing"?

I didn't see any air-conditioning systems or heaters that run on 12 volts
there.

Eisboch

Well, I have decided I can use the generator.. and like I said, I am
much more concerened with cooling than heat...

In rural Connecticut? On a rowboat? Sheesh.
Senior Member

wrote in message

I hate to be simplistic or take the fun out of anyone's project,
but...
In the time it would take to read this thread, you could visit
http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14018
Get a professional on the phone and order the right thing. If it were
my time and money I'd spend it paying an expert rather than on
becoming an expert myself.
AsianDoll
What "thing"?

I didn't see any air-conditioning systems or heaters that run on 12 volts
there.

Eisboch

Well, I have decided I can use the generator.. and like I said, I am
much more concerened with cooling than heat...

In rural Connecticut? On a rowboat? Sheesh.- Hide quoted text -

Epic fail again.. Who ever said it was for my boat?

WAFA.... you just can't win..