Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Inauguration picture

"HK" wrote in message

Palin's set up a PAC to further her political interests. I love it. She is
the definition of ditz.

Mathews had a panel tonight with some interesting thoughts.
Here's what is really interesting, but before you go off the deep end, don't
interpret this as being my wish or prediction. It's just a possible
scenario.

First, you have to accept the premise that voters have relatively short
memories and are fickle. Depending on the current set of circumstances, a
wave of almost emotional fever can quickly control a campaign and election.
Obama's campaign is being called the "American Idol" campaign for good
reason.

Ok. Obama's in and the country is in deep, deep doo-doo. Even with all
the bailouts and stimulus programs, the worst has yet to come. The
earliest we can expect to start to really recover (if we do) will be late
2010, even 2011.

By then voters are going to have long forgotten "change", "hope" and the
American Idol Campaign of 2006-2008. They will be consumed by the
recession and tired of waiting for a solid recovery.

Guess what? The GOP will come riding in on a white horse in the campaigns
and eventual election of 2012. People will again be looking for hope and
change.

To believe Obama will serve an eight year term is to believe this economy is
going to correct itself back to normal in the next 2 and a half to 3 years.
That's all the time he has. It will never happen. Add a terrorist attack
during that timeframe and it will seal his fate.

I don't know who the next GOP leader will be. Palin is hoping and making
the moves, but I don't think she'll be it. Probably Romney.

Or, as Bush 41 would say, "There is another". Depending on the condition
of the economy and the terrorist threat in a couple of years, I wouldn't
count Jeb out.

Eisboch