Default My Daughter's Letter

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:31:56 -0500, BAR wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:54:22 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:37:15 -0500, BAR wrote:

John H wrote:
This year, rather than make a donation request myself, I'm just going to
post the letter my daughter wrote. She does pretty well at speaking for
herself....

2009 Richmond Race for the Cure
You still matching donations John?
Absolutely, but only up to $100. I can't afford the same punishment I took
last year! (Although, it was most definitely appreciated!)

Now that's not to say that folks can't contribute larger amounts. I'll only
match the first $100, that's all.

AMENDMENT # 1

The matching of donations will be up to a maximum of $100, and will be
only one match per individual (or family).

This is specifically to prevent people like Loogy from making ten $100
donations just to make me sell my boat. Hell, I've already downsized!

I really wish you were matching again this year

I can't afford it this year!
--
John H

For a great time, go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

* Definition of a teenager?
God's punishment...for enjoying sex. *

On Jan 28, 2:35*pm, John H wrote:
This year, rather than make a donation request myself, I'm just going to
post the letter my daughter wrote. She does pretty well at speaking for
herself....

2009 Richmond Race for the Cure

May 9th

Registration Now Open!

Hi there! *It’s that time of year again!!! *Already!!! *Most of you know
the scoop here, but there are a few who don’t, so forgive me while I sum it
all up….I am a Breast Cancer survivor, and I organize a large team each
year for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. *I was diagnosed in 2005,
and our first race team was formed in May 2006. *In each of the last three
races, our team, Racing for Renee (now called Racing WITH Renee) has had a
membership of over 150 people, and we have raised over $22,000 to date in
support of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Please visit my race page athttp://www.komenrichmond.org/goto/ReneeWincklerto see my story. *

There are more and more young women diagnosed with breast cancer each day,
with one in every eight women being diagnosed during her lifetime. *I have
many friends with young children who are fighting or have fought this
disease, and can’t stress to you enough that this is a disease without
prejudice. *It can affect even those who appear to be healthy and fit.
Early detection is key, and if I had not gone for my mammogram when I did
(at age 37), I would have progressed beyond stage II cancer without even
being aware. *

I would be so grateful for your support in this cause, in any way you can
give it….whether you choose to race with me, give money to the Susan G.
Komen Foundation, pray for a cure, or even just take the responsibility to
go get your mammograms as you should. *You can join the “Racing with Renee”
team by clicking on the link above, and then clicking “Join Renee’s Team”
over the thermometer. *I would love to have you and your family/friends
join our team. *Registration fees increase after tomorrow, so join today!
As you can see in the picture, we do get team t-shirts, which will cost
around $6 each. *We like to make our presence known at the race! *If you’ve
done the race before, you know that you have to go down to the JCC to pick
up your race packet. *If you join my team, I pick up your packet for you,
and you will just get it from me. *The team experience is lots of fun! *You
can go at your own pace, whether running or walking. *We just all sort of
catch up at the end. *I’d love to have you, so please consider it….it’s a
great family day! *My kids all walk the whole thing, and have a great time
with their friends who come!!!

If you would like to donate directly to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, you
can do this by clicking “Support Renee” over the thermometer. *Our team
fund raising goal this year is $5,000. *Last year we raised $7,000. *If you
know others who would like to donate, feel free to forward this message on
to them.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions, about the race or about Breast
Cancer itself. *I’m pretty wide-open about my experience….anything for
education! *Thanks so much for your time! *Hope to see you at the race!!

Renee Winckler

--
John H

* *The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson. *

John, I was wondering when this was going to happen again. Of course,
all of us who actually care about other people will show their
support! Others will whine like babies, but let them! Here's to
meeting and exceeding her goal.

On Jan 28, 2:55*pm, John H wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:44:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

John, I was wondering when this was going to happen again. Of course,
all of us who actually care about other people will show their
support! Others will whine like babies, but let them! Here's to
meeting and exceeding her goal.

Cool, and thanks!

Join the team, even if you can't run!
--
John H

* *The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson. *

Forwarded to my motorcycle group... Mostly wild and crazy single guys,
I will leave the jokes to them Hope they join in.. Scotty

John H wrote:
[...]

..

Please e-mail me if you have any questions, about the race or about Breast
Cancer itself. I’m pretty wide-open about my experience….anything for
education! Thanks so much for your time! Hope to see you at the race!!

Renee Winckler

JohnH,
I have to agree, Renee does a much better job than you ever could.

Another letter from Peter BruceinBangkok Cruising 0 January 26th 09 12:04 PM
GM CEO Letter Canuck57[_6_] General 18 January 15th 09 08:22 PM
New URL for daughter's Race for the Cure team JohnH General 6 April 30th 06 08:34 PM
Letter to Me! Bobsprit ASA 8 December 2nd 03 01:53 AM