Default Ping: Shortwave

Just a quick follow-up to a previous discussion.

Turns out Proventil is one of the HFA type inhalers. It's not CFC.

This has turned out to be a big problem. I don't know anything about why
the propellant makes a difference, but there's a lot of people close to
panic mode because the HFA types just don't work. They are not the primary,
maintenance medication. They are used for fast relief when an acute attack
starts and the patient simply can't breath.

There's a petition being submitted to reverse the FDA's ban for the CFC type
inhalers.
The reality is that the ban is simply due to CFC content, nothing else, and
the amount of CFCs released to the atmosphere due to people using the
inhaler due to a severe asthma attack is miniscule.

Hopefully it will be reversed as it may save a few lives.

Eisboch

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:29:12 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Just a quick follow-up to a previous discussion.

Turns out Proventil is one of the HFA type inhalers. It's not CFC.

This has turned out to be a big problem. I don't know anything about why
the propellant makes a difference, but there's a lot of people close to
panic mode because the HFA types just don't work. They are not the primary,
maintenance medication. They are used for fast relief when an acute attack
starts and the patient simply can't breath.

There's a petition being submitted to reverse the FDA's ban for the CFC type
inhalers.
The reality is that the ban is simply due to CFC content, nothing else, and
the amount of CFCs released to the atmosphere due to people using the
inhaler due to a severe asthma attack is miniscule.

Hopefully it will be reversed as it may save a few lives.

Eisboch

What are a few humans when a goose may perish?
--
* Procrastinate Now! *

John H

wrote:

Just a quick follow-up to a previous discussion.

Turns out Proventil is one of the HFA type inhalers. It's not CFC.

This has turned out to be a big problem. I don't know anything about why
the propellant makes a difference, but there's a lot of people close to
panic mode because the HFA types just don't work. They are not the primary,
maintenance medication. They are used for fast relief when an acute attack
starts and the patient simply can't breath.

There's a petition being submitted to reverse the FDA's ban for the CFC type
inhalers.

The reality is that the ban is simply due to CFC content, nothing else, and
the amount of CFCs released to the atmosphere due to people using the
inhaler due to a severe asthma attack is miniscule.

Hopefully it will be reversed as it may save a few lives.

I honestly didn't know that - thanks a lot.

I don't use mine much - in fact, I don't think I've used mine for
quite a while, but I need to carry it. The last inhaler I had
expired in fact. Now that I think about it, it took more than one
shot to get some relief the last time I had a cold induced attack.

Hmmmm - I must needs check into that. I thought that the delivery
mechanism changed, not the propellant.

Great information Dr. Eisboch - much appreciated. Something I should
have been aware of but wasn't.

Hope your son is doing ok with it - it sucks when you have a severe
attack - I speak from experience.

--

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good."

Steven Wright
Senior Member

wrote:

[...]

Steven Wright- Hide quoted text -

I count on mine, I use Combivent when I get hit with a bad attack.
Daily I have either Advir, or symbicort. The advir is a disk that
exposes a powder which you inhale with your own force, the symbicort
is more like an aspirator which delivers it as you inhale. I find the
propelled is much easier to use...

Ping: ShortWave Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 7 August 29th 08 12:27 AM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 1 November 4th 06 02:25 AM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 0 June 24th 06 12:29 AM
Ping: Shortwave JimH General 2 February 27th 06 01:26 AM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 0 October 18th 05 07:37 PM