Default BBC has some videos of that plane...

On Jan 19, 9:33*am, "Don White" wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message

Don White wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:52:24 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
...gliding into the Hudson...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7835497.stm
Yup, saw those and a couple more on FOX this morning...
----

But can't be stated enough, the pilot had his collective crap together
that
time. *Landing one of those on water like that without a collision, no
power, without breakup and no serious injuries I strongly suspect
isn't an
accident.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...hrer17-2009jan....

--

When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you
Local guy, lives about 10 miles from me. *His wife is a fitness expert

Say what?
I have a number of 1st cousins in the military.
One, a Major, while stationed in England was summond receive his MBE
(Member of the Order of the British Empire) from the Queen.

What have you done Don?

Public service............... spent my working career bettering my country,
not trying to fill my own pockets.- Hide quoted text -

But then you tried to tell someone right here that you WASN'T a civil
servant.......

On Jan 17, 9:52*pm, "Canuck57" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:

...gliding into the Hudson...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7835497.stm

Yup, saw those and a couple more on FOX this morning...
----

But can't be stated enough, the pilot had his collective crap together that
time. *Landing one of those on water like that without a collision, no
power, without breakup and no serious injuries I strongly suspect isn't an
accident.

They didn't even have hydraulics for the control surfaces and had to
use an emergency hand pump, all right NOW.
Senior Member

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

servant.......- Hide quoted text -

It was just a Krausism...

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

I'm sure Don has a good explanation.
HK HK is offline

"BAR" wrote in message
wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

I'm really having a problem determining who is the dumbest current
poster here - you, loogy, or herring. It's damned close. I don't see
many posts from your two partners, but the ones I do see of your little
group are scary in that they are so representative of boobus Americanus.

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

No I "WASN'T"!
As I've stated many times, I was employed by a Crown Corporation and draw my
pension from same Crown Corporation.
All my working life, we were considered at 'arms length' from any current
government, although I wouldn't be surprised if the current Conservative
gang in Ottawa have bent that a bit to control negative reporting &
broadcasting.

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

Not sure it's worth bothering.
I state a fact based on my 32 years of service, but the simpletons here will
jump on some piece of current gov't crap that a Snithers might roto-root
out.

Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...tory?track=rss

--

When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you
Local guy, lives about 10 miles from me. His wife is a fitness expert
that works for local Channel 7. http://www.fitandfabulousoutdoors.com/
He is what Don W. and Harry hate. A guy with a degree from a military
academy. And being an Air Force guy and not a Marine, Go Air Force
Academy guys.

Say what?
I have a number of 1st cousins in the military.
One, a Major, while stationed in England was summond receive his MBE
(Member of the Order of the British Empire) from the Queen.

What have you done Don?

Public service............... spent my working career bettering my country,
not trying to fill my own pockets.

Did you complain about how the Crown Corp what a terrible job working
for the Crown Corp was? They tried to screw you every chance they got?

Didn't you say you only worked for them because it was the best job in
NS, and you were too scared to move for a better job?

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

Actually those who work for the Crown Corp being considered Civil
Servants goes way back.

Crown corporation
–noun Canadian. a commercial company owned by the government and
controlled and partially operated by civil servants.

Origin:
1960–65

"BAR" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 7:01 pm, hk wrote:
[...]

broadcasting.- Hide quoted text -

Do you have a problem with the word "wasn't"? It's a common
contraction.

As for the rest of your babble:

Crown corporation
–noun Canadian. a commercial company owned by the government and
controlled and partially operated by civil servants

In Canada, Crown corporations, within either the federal or provincial
sphere, are technically operated by the Canadian monarch, as the
institution's sole shareholder, either as the Monarch-in-Right-of-
Canada or the Monarch-in-Right-of-[Province]. This follows the legal
premise that the Crown, as an institution, owns all the property of
government at the federal and provincial level. In practice, however,
most Crown corporations operate at arm's length from the government,
with direct government control only being exerted over the
corporation's budget and the appointment of its chairperson and
directors through Order-in-Council.

Sure sounds like civil service to me! I am curious why you seem to
think that's a bad thing?