Default Trawler, anyone?

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:
On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 9:24 pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up,
my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of
500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll
guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.
8.8 kt / 7.9 gph is approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile for a
maximum
range of about 550 NM. Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.
Oh, oh, Harry failed 4th grade math. Must not be a requirement for
Yale. Pfffftttt..
Look at stupid here, blaming Harry for Waynes statement... What a
turd...polluting this thread.... I think you owe an appology, Mr Head-
In-Ass.- Hide quoted text -

Are you going to apologize for every thread that you've ruined with
your childish name calling and third grade vulgar insults?- Hide quoted
text -

Don't worry about the fruity five Loog, ever since the story of Donnie
and Salty with the pink panties, I don't pay much attention to them.
They all seem to have very weird sexual hangups, remember stumpy?

How long does it take to put a new discussion board up? I believe Chuck
did it in a couple of days.

Less than an hour, dummy.

wrote:
On Jan 16, 9:57 am, wrote:
On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:24 pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

They all seem to have very weird sexual hangups, remember stumpy?- Hide quoted text -

I think Don even has more sexual hangups than Harry. He's over in the
Hybrid Car thread talking about strap-ons now! I wonder if he and
Harry and slammer are planning a little get together........

"Delicious!" Got a link?

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:06:26 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1 nautical
mile/gal.

Typographical error. :-)

My mind had it right, the keyboard got it wrong...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. How else would the range
calculation have come out correctly?

wrote:

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1
nautical
mile/gal.

Typographical error. :-)

My mind had it right, the keyboard got it wrong...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. How else would the range
calculation have come out correctly?

I am an engineer. I figured out where the error was. But the math teacher
could not. Still not a thousand mile range.

wrote:

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " *not approximately 1.1
nautical
mile/gal.

Typographical error. * :-)

My mind had it right, the keyboard got it wrong...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. *How else would the range
calculation have come out correctly?

I am an engineer. *I figured out where the error was. *But the math teacher
could not. *Still not a thousand mile range.

Well, in a response, I said I " guessed " the range would be
greater... I NEVER stated it would be.I also stated I did NOT know the
formula for calculation.
That doesnt compute in the brains of the Dwarf Army, and their efforts
to ruin a on-topic post.
Wayne B blames, and insults the wrong person for a math
calculation, but theres no mention of that, is there?
Just like the Dwarf General Herring has stated...dont answer my
posts...lol. Simple really, but not for the Dwarf Army ; they're too
stupid to resist.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:06:26 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:03:42 -0800, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

8.8 kt / 7.9 gph is approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile for a maximum
range of about 550 NM. Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.

Oh, oh, Harry failed 4th grade math. Must not be a requirement for
Yale. Pfffftttt..
Wayne also failed 7th grade math, or had a brain pffft. 1.1 nautical mile
per gallon. Or about 556 nautical miles. Whats that about 640 standard
miles? Actually is Slammer that has no math ability.

I don't see how Wayne 'failed 7th grade math'. If the tank holds 500
gallons and the boat gets 1.1 nautical mile/gallon, the product of the two
numbers is 550 nautical miles.

Slammer's math? Leaves a lot to be desired.

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1 nautical
mile/gal.

You damn English majors! :)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:34:45 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1
nautical
mile/gal.

Typographical error. :-)

My mind had it right, the keyboard got it wrong...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. How else would the range
calculation have come out correctly?

I am an engineer. I figured out where the error was. But the math teacher
could not. Still not a thousand mile range.

What can I say? You're just much smarter than I am!

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:06:26 -0800, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Engineering major.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:45:57 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Good on ya!
--
* I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That? *

John H