Default WTF is Jamesgang? Guess left wing drool is ok, typical...

"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message

Just looked up Maddow. She's kind of cute. Who is she dating?

She's taken. Her "life" partner is even cuter.

Eisboch

Wait a minute. Does life partner mean what I think it does?

Indeed.

Eisboch

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."

(Reggie Crap Deleted)

I don't know if Harry attended Yale or not and don't really care. I
get a bit responsive though when he his critical of others in terms of
their education or tries to justify the qualifications of people based
on what school they went to rather than what they accomplish.

With our kids I preached that in reality it didn't matter what school
you went to as long as you pursued a degree. A degree is a key for
opportunity but unless you plan to enter the job market as an attorney
or something at some prestigious law firm, the school you attended and
earned your degree from really isn't that important. The biggest
battle I had with our oldest son was trying to convince him that his
school selection should not be based on the football coach's offensive
line strategy. (He was quarterback and team captain of his high school
football team).

I saw a show the other day where a professor at a well known big
university was discussing this. She made the point that more focus
and interest should be given to trade and technical schools in the
US. Mike Barnacle was also a panelist on the show and he and she
both agreed that one of the biggest educational "bargains" today are
Jr. Colleges and state universities, both of which Barnacle attended
and earned his degree.

Having dealt with many people who never left the world of academia,
worked at big colleges and universities and rated themselves and their
peers based on how many papers they authored and delivered, I couldn't
agree more with the show's quest or Barnacle.

Eisboch

There's nothing wrong with pursuing education at any reputable
institution of higher learning.

Unless things have changed dramatically, there is little difference in
the first two years of course at Ivy schools and at any decent major
public university. Most are taught by a combination of TA's and lower
rank professors. The higher level courses at Ivy schools and other
prestigious institutions tend to be run by higher ranking professors.

There is a difference in grad schools, though, at least in the liberal
arts. I had a very famous faculty chair directing me for my M.A. in
English, and I don't think that would have been the case at, say,
Michigan State, which, by the way, is a fine institution.

My wife is experiencing a quality faculty as she finishes up her
dissertation. There are three faculty committees that guided and
criticized her research. She has a colleague who is pursuing the same
degree at another institution. The colleague does not have to write a
dissertation.

Apparently, there are a number of name-brand institutions that do no
require their grad students to research and write a long paper as part
of the process of earning an advanced degree. *That* is a loss.

But as been pointed out, no one really looks at your grad school courses
when you apply for a job.

Your wife is going for her third terminal degree? She is going to be a
Dr. Dr. Dr.
Jim Jim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:51:31 -0500, Jim wrote:

BAR wrote:
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:43:33 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 10, 6:15 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
More drool from Andy Borwitz..
There's more cleverness and wit in Andy's farts than anything
you have
done in your entire life, with the possible exception of getting
in a
fight with the cops at your local police station.
No there isn't. All he sells is hate. It's the same lame comedy
(being
generous here) that ruined Saturday Night Live and Air America... it
sells great to folks like you and readers of the Huffington Hoax..

------------------

Which reminds me. I was watching one of Harry's favorites, Rachael
Maddow the other day.
I get a kick out of her because she's so blatantly biased. She was
interviewing some guest, discussing a subject that had absolutely
nothing
to do with Bush, Obama, the economy or anything of current
importance yet
somehow she found a way to cast blame on Bush in response to almost
anything the guest said. It was comical and I wish I had a tape
recorder
or DVR on to preserve it.

I guess it's currently the "in" thing to be an elitist, liberal,
Bush
bashing celebrity I guess. It surprises me because she holds a
PhD in
something, so she's not stupid. Just brainwashed.

Eisboch

Bush has had a hand in or on just about every major problem this
country
is facing. The majority of adults in this country give him very
low marks
and will be pleased to see him out of office. Maddow's doctorate
is from
one of the Oxford colleges.
So what? Bush went to Yale. You are so over impressed with academic
credentials that you are blinded to reality.

Eisboch
A C student who got in on his family's coattails.

They guy doesn't have critical thinking skills. He's just ****ed up
the 5th job he's had in his adult life.

He's batting 1.000

Which has nothing to do with Harry's fascination and worship of
people with Ivy league degrees.
It's a common issue in his assessment of the "smartness", job
qualifications and value of others.

During a presidential news conference, I particularly liked Ronald
Reagan's response to a reporter who was trying to make a name for
himself by asking about Reagan's school (Eureka College) in a wise
ass and critical way.

Reagan paused for a minute then replied (paraphrasing), "gee, I was
just thinking of what I could have become if I had gone to a big name
school".

IMO, Reagan was a lot smarter and accomplished than the modern left
give him credit for.
I am not necessarily speaking of his policies. I am referring to his
leadership qualities. He was secure in his mind of what he wanted to
achieve, he handled himself well in a crisis and oozed with optimism
for the future which was infectious to the rest of the population.
That's true leadership. I am not alone in this assessment or
opinion. More and more people that worked closely with him are
coming forward, discounting many of the rumors and myths of him being
a "dullard" or asleep at the wheel.

Eisboch

Which has nothing to do with George W. Bush or Sarah Palin, who are
dunces, and Rachel Maddow, who is not. There's nothing about Bush's
academic background that impresses me. He got into Yale as a legacy
and Harvard Biz because of family connections. He was a mediocre
student and he is a mediocre intellect. Palin is intellectually lazy,
and it shows.
Maddow is very, very bright and it shows.
The problem with your argument is that by denigrating Sarah Palin and
George W Bush and their accomplishments you minimize any one else when
they accomplish the same thing. Being a governor or president isn't an
achievement of merit, hell Sarah Palin and George W Bush were Governors.
And George W Bush was President. Barak H Obama hasn't done anything that
a dunce off the street hadn't already accomplished. And, Bush a dunce
had already attended an Ivy League school not much of an accomplishment
Barak H Obama to do what a dunce has already done.

Maddow is a radical partisan. The only thing interesting about here is
that she is a fresh face in the crowd.

Just looked up Maddow. She's kind of cute. Who is she dating?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/tres-boobs.jpg

A bit unusual but I could get used to it. ;-)

Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
snip...
After discussing this problem with them *they
told me you talk to your doctor about taking ARICEPT*. While most doctors
would never prescribe medication after reading a NG post, the fact that
they have a Dr. Dr. degree they thought it was OK.

How would your wife & daughter know what Harry talks to his doctor about?
Careful Waylon...your **** level is about to rise above your ears and
dribble out in public.

Opps, I made a typo. I meant to say "They told me that you *NEED* to
to your doctor about Aricet.

I am surprised that you believed my story about them being Dr. Dr.'s or
my daughter working on her Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. degree.

Nah, on 2nd thought, it doesn't surprise me.

wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:39 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:
Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
hk wrote:
BAR wrote:
Sarah Palin, a strong woman who cranks out 5 kids, gets elected
Mayor, gets elected Governor, and runs for Vice President of the
US. And, she can shoot a moose, field dress it, and cook it all in
the same day.
Wow. She had five kids. Gee, what an accomplishment. Too bad she
didn't leave herself enough time to properly instruct and raise
them, eh? Her daughter is now a high school dropout.
Not a brain in that woman's head. Nada. Zip.
Sounds like you are jealous of the woman. Maybe your buddy in Ohio
could recommend a shrink to deal with your hangups.
Why would you think I am jealous of Palin? Because she had too many
kids and not enough responsibility to edu-ma-cate and rear them
properly? Because she is intellectually lazy? Because she sounds like
a ditz? Because her future son-in-law is a high school dropout?
Ohhhh, Harry you made a little boo-boo. For months you have pretended
you had Jim in your bozo bin, and you would only respond to his post
indirectly. In your old age, you can't keep up with who you have in
your "bozo bin" and responded directly to his post. You have to
remember, when you are reading the folder marked Bozo Bin, you are not
supposed to click on the reply button.
They do have drugs that can help with Alzheimer's. My wife and
daughter both have Dr. Dr. degrees, in fact, my daughter is working on
her Dr. Dr. Dr. and Dr. degrees. After discussing this problem with
them they told me you talk to your doctor about taking ARICEPT. While
most doctors would never prescribe medication after reading a NG post,
the fact that they have a Dr. Dr. degree they thought it was OK.
Put your one inch woodie back in your trousers, reggie. I have a new
install of Vista on my Mac laptop, and I haven't bothered to set up the
filters...yet. Thus, I am also seeing your vomitus...for the moment. But
don't get too excited...your presence in my newsgroup inbox will be
coming to an end later today.
Meanwhile, go **** yourself.

Harry, you spend more time setting up your filters than anyone I know.
Most people just click the set up filter button, and the spend less than
10 secs setting up the filter for those they don't want to read. You
spent more time responding to Jim and my post than it would have taken
to set up 20 filters.

PS - If you put a note on your computer monitor, it might help you to
remember not to respond to the post you have moved over to your Bozo
Bin. - Hide quoted text -

Don't most readers have the ability to simply trasfer over the
settings such as filters, etc.? I am not an expert like Harry, but,
uh, neither is Harry?

Yes, when you upgrade Windoze, it does keep all of your settings in your
software. You can also save all of your settings, and do a clean
install of Windows and still keep all of your software settings.

wrote:
On Jan 11, 9:14 am, Jim wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

hk wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:08:16 -0500, Boater wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
Obvious. Then again, what would you expect from a guy who claims he
was raped by a 16 year old girl when he was 12.
I wish. She was only about a year or so older than I was. And I used
the term "rape" facetiously. I was a willing victim.
Harry, you are lying through your teeth.
You bragged about her being 16 years old and you were only twelve.
Willing or not, that is rape in this state - there is no such thing as
concentual sex between underage children.
It's statuatory rape - period, end of discussion.
Honest to pete Harry - you can't even get your story straight.
Use an index of some sort will you?
Well, it was a long time ago. I remember the event, and being 12 or
13, and the gal being a year or so older. I do remember her name, though.
It's consensual, by the way.
I didn't complain. Despite the statutes.
And I didn't get pregnant and have to drop out of high school.
You may not remember her age today, because that is one of the problems
with Alzheimer. About a year ago, you were very emphatic about her
being 16.
I can imagine the 16 yr old who want to have sex with a 12 yr old.
It is not a pretty sight.

She must have been a real skank.- Hide quoted text -

Yup, like I tell my girls.. If a young adolescent guy or gal has to
reach back a few years for a mate, there must be something wrong that
kids their own age have figured out... She was either a skank, a total
idiot, or grossly overweight... Maybe all three?

Trust me, it never happened, anymore than Harry graduated from Yale.

When I was in high school, even the skanks wanted to date junior and
senior guys. In my school, the administration strongly discouraged the
parents of freshman girls from dating older boys, because they were too
eager to please the older guys just so they could date them. If you
look at the physical and mental maturity of the average female and
compare them to the physical and mental maturity of the average male,
the females are at least 3 yrs ahead of the guys.

Any 16 yr old girl who screwed a 12 yr old boy, would have serious
physiological problems. If Harry was a 16 yr old guy who bragged of
screwing a 12 yr old girl, most people would be shocked that he would
tell this story. Yet, the average 12 yr old girl is more physically and
mentally mature, than the average 12 yr old boy.

Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
snip...
After discussing this problem with them *they
told me you talk to your doctor about taking ARICEPT*. While most
doctors would never prescribe medication after reading a NG post, the
fact that they have a Dr. Dr. degree they thought it was OK.

How would your wife & daughter know what Harry talks to his doctor about?
Careful Waylon...your **** level is about to rise above your ears and
dribble out in public.

Opps, I made a typo. I meant to say "They told me that you *NEED* *to
to* your doctor about Aricet.

I am surprised that you believed my story about them being Dr. Dr.'s or my
daughter working on her Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. degree.

Nah, on 2nd thought, it doesn't surprise me.

Waylon..at least ease up on the booze on Sundays.
Hee hee...*to to* indeed...... we don't need to discuss your casual attire
here.

Senior Member

On Jan 11, 11:05*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

mentally mature, than the average 12 yr old boy.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I know. I am just waiting for Harry to figure out how to set up
a reader.. Hey, he changed out a hard drive once and has successfully
installed windoze many times, now he has PhD in CNE... Which of course
in his case means "Piled Higher and Deeper"... snerk
Senior Member

Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
om...
snip...
* After discussing this problem with them *they
told me you talk to your doctor about taking ARICEPT*. *While most
doctors would never prescribe medication after reading a NG post, the
fact that they have a Dr. Dr. degree they thought it was OK. *

How would your wife & daughter know what Harry talks to his doctor about?
Careful Waylon...your **** level is about to rise above your ears and
dribble out in public.

Opps, I made a typo. * I meant to say *"They told me that you *NEED* *to
to* your doctor about Aricet.

I am surprised that you believed my story about them being Dr. Dr.'s or my
daughter working on her Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. degree.

Nah, on 2nd thought, it doesn't surprise me.

Waylon..at least ease up on the booze on Sundays.
Hee hee...*to to* indeed...... we don't need to discuss your casual attire
here.- Hide quoted text -

Interesting you should mention this, you have as many typo's as anyone
here. Donnie, like it or not, you don't come across as very well
educated. Sorry... Maybe you thought you could survive on your kid's
cage fighting career.
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:01:25 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Jan 11, 3:25*am, jps wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:35:35 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Jan 10, 10:11*pm, hk wrote:
BAR wrote:

Sarah Palin, a strong woman who cranks out 5 kids, gets elected Mayor,
gets elected Governor, and runs for Vice President of the US. And, she
can shoot a moose, field dress it, and cook it all in the same day.

Wow. She had five kids. Gee, what an accomplishment. Too bad she didn't
leave herself enough time to properly instruct and raise them, eh? Her
daughter is now a high school dropout.

So was Thomas Edison.

Do you have difficulty recognizing the gulf between Edison and Palin's
relative intellects?

That woman is dumb as a stump. *She's got charm and natural *political
savvy (apart from the Hitler routine) but she couldn't think her way
out of two sheets of newspaper.

Thank you for your interjection. the comment was to be taken that even
if you are a HS dropout (also, like Peter Jennings) you can still make
something of your self.

Of course, you didn't see it.

Of course I did. Peter Jennings or Thomas Edison could have made
something of themselves regardless of school.

No one in the Palin family should leave school with less than a BA if
they hope to earn a living via means other than tabloid fees.

In case you were wondering... [email protected] General 2 September 6th 05 03:20 PM
Wondering? regarding O.T s Florida Keyz General 2 October 5th 04 12:30 AM
Wondering how many Joe ASA 15 March 19th 04 12:06 PM
Wondering at sea Capt.American ASA 12 July 30th 03 02:20 AM