Default Another physics lesson.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 21:24:52 -0800, "CalifBill"

wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:38:00 -0500, BAR wrote:

John H wrote:
Golf balls roll much further when the ground is frozen. Also, it's
possible
to put balls out of saturated sand traps that are frozen. And,
hitting a
frozen green can be just like hitting a paved cart path.

Lastly, when there's little wind, golf is very playable when the
temp is
in
the low 30's.

Any 300 yard drives?

No, but a couple in the 250 range. And, of course, a couple in the
woods.

30's. Low 50's here, and I avoided doing the pruning on the grape vines
by
going to the boat and installing a new impeller and nozzle in the jet.

50s. Then I'd break out the shorts.

Cold when you are used to 68-75 degrees this time of year.
62 a little while ago. a couple blocks from the house.
http://weather.cbs5.com/auto/kpixV3/CA/Pleasanton.html

Cold? pfffffff..
I'll show you cool...... cold is yet to come, winter just started!
http://www.cbc.ca/weather/conditions.jsp?station=YHZ

Makes your brain go mushy that much cold weather.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:17:55 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
Golf balls roll much further when the ground is frozen. Also, it's
possible
to put balls out of saturated sand traps that are frozen. And, hitting a
frozen green can be just like hitting a paved cart path.

Lastly, when there's little wind, golf is very playable when the temp is
in
the low 30's.

Probably not losing many balls in the ponds?

The tee starter actually made that demonstration on the first hole. He
rolled a ball across the little pond!

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:28:50 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .

John H wrote:
[...]

Right now things are looking great for Monday and Tuesday:

http://tinyurl.com/6o3j7s

If the wind's not blowing Wednesday looks good also. But, not good for
shorts!

John H wrote:
Golf balls roll much further when the ground is frozen. Also, it's
possible
to put balls out of saturated sand traps that are frozen. And, hitting a
frozen green can be just like hitting a paved cart path.

Lastly, when there's little wind, golf is very playable when the temp is
in
the low 30's.
Any 300 yard drives?
No, but a couple in the 250 range. And, of course, a couple in the woods.
30's. Low 50's here, and I avoided doing the pruning on the grape vines by
going to the boat and installing a new impeller and nozzle in the jet.

50s. Then I'd break out the shorts.

58º at 6am today when I got to the dock - in shorts.

It was a great day of fishing.

Where? Did you catch anything?

John H wrote:
Golf balls roll much further when the ground is frozen. Also, it's
possible
to put balls out of saturated sand traps that are frozen. And, hitting a
frozen green can be just like hitting a paved cart path.

Lastly, when there's little wind, golf is very playable when the temp is
in
the low 30's.
Any 300 yard drives?
No, but a couple in the 250 range. And, of course, a couple in the woods.
30's. Low 50's here, and I avoided doing the pruning on the grape vines by
going to the boat and installing a new impeller and nozzle in the jet.

50s. Then I'd break out the shorts.

58º at 6am today when I got to the dock - in shorts.

It was a great day of fishing.

Where? Did you catch anything?

The Everglades. We caught largemouth bass, some Oscars, a few bream
(like a bluegill) and a lot of peacock bass. They fight better than
smallmouth bass! The fishing was so good, we were out there for eight
hours.

John H wrote:
[...]

Good show. Next time take the camera so we can get good and jealous.

John H wrote:
[...]

I'll post them later. They are at my office right now.

Crayon Physics... Tom Francis - SWSports General 26 January 8th 09 05:55 PM
Help w/physics problem Gordon Cruising 27 June 19th 07 01:49 PM
The Physics of Sailing Mic Cruising 5 July 31st 05 03:11 PM
The Physics of Paddling W. Watson General 9 May 6th 05 10:39 PM
Physics Question CCred68046 General 38 June 6th 04 02:58 AM