Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gfretwell

Default Boats docked on coastal waters question....

If it is not possible you want to tie it up, with extra lines and
spring lines, and keep it off of the dock.

The "keep it off the dock" is a real important consideration. Even in a fairly
minor "near miss" you can end up with an extra 6 foot of tide. I usually pull
my boat out of the dock and tie it off the end of the dock, well clear. There
are some outlying piles and a tree that I use for this. This way I don't have
to worry about the boat coming out the roof of my lift and/or finding it
sitting on the pier.