hk hk is offline

Default Is there anyone here...

wrote:
On Jan 5, 6:16 am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews:bvo2m452hrlgk3n70ipk0tqr9kkfhm17bs@4ax .com...
For the record, CT, much like Rhode Island and Delaware is actually
two states. In CT, it's East of the River and West of the river. East
is much more conservative than West of the River. The only reason
Courtney was reelected to his Congressional seat was because of the
Hispanic vote in Norwich and New London - the rest of his district
voted Republican.
Similar situation here in MA. Most of the state is filled with left
wing liberals, but here on the south shore there are at least 3 or 4
of us that tend to be more conservative.
Eisboch
It's evolution in action. More and more voters are realizing that the
modern day Republican Party has little more than greed and selfishness
underpinning it. This was demonstrated clearly by the last eight years
of the "conservative" Bush Administration and was a sub rosa theme of
the McCain campaign. That and the party demonstrating over and again
that it was mostly for "white folks" is what is doing it in.
Sure.
Eisboch

Note that I am not accusing you of any of this...but your party...it's
future is not too bright at the national level.

I cannot believe Al Franken beat a sitting U.S. senator... but I am
enjoying it. Coleman only got into office because Paul Wellstone died in
an accident.- Hide quoted text -

Another product of the DNS's best election tool, voter fraud....
double counting and throwing out Coleman votes. Saw one example where
two forms were filled out basically the same, one had a scribble over
Franken and was counted, the other had a scribble over Coleman, it was
rejected. Hopefully the courts can get it straight before we have yet
another intolerant hater like Franken in office.. Have you ever heard
his schtick? He is a hater, no more...

My feeling is that almost any Democrat in the US Senate is better than
the Republican alternative. I'd like to see it 70-30.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:08:30 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

As for Caroline Kennedy, I am sure she has the lack of intellect to be a
U.S. Senator and represent the interests of the wealthy in her families
circle of friends. I'm not sure she is tough enough for the rough and
tumble of New York politics but will survive if she appeases the right
people.

Me, I don't believe in aristocracy, just because she is a "Kennedy".

Name one outstanding Kennedy. We will never know about the one KIA
WWII, of course. Bay of Pigs Kennedy? Vietnam Kennedy. All the
Kennedys should have stayed in Boston.

Casady

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:05:27 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...

All Canadians are our brothers.

Well, except for those who live in Quebec.

Or Nova Scotia.

I mean seriously - Nova Scotia? What the heck kind of name for a
province is Nova Scotia?

snip..

I thought you took Latin in school.
Nova Scotia was pretty big and important in colonial times...... until that
ungrateful rabble south of the border stole a chunk for Maine and it was
further divided when the United Empire Loyalists came north after your
revolution and formed New Brunswick.

I notice they leave the Newfies alone. Afraid it might be catching?

Casady

wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...

All Canadians are our brothers.

Well, except for those who live in Quebec.

Or Nova Scotia.

I mean seriously - Nova Scotia? What the heck kind of name for a
province is Nova Scotia?

snip..

I thought you took Latin in school.
Nova Scotia was pretty big and important in colonial times...... until
that
ungrateful rabble south of the border stole a chunk for Maine and it was
further divided when the United Empire Loyalists came north after your
revolution and formed New Brunswick.

I notice they leave the Newfies alone. Afraid it might be catching?

Casady

As you probably know, Newfoundland was late joining Confederation... and a
lot didn't want to do it then.
1949 was the special year..... (a good year for exceptional people to be
born also).
Newfoundland Labrador was always the poor cousin, but with hugh oil & gas to
sell to the US, are now having the last laugh.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundlan.../have-not.html

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:59:50 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Another product of the DNS's best election tool, voter fraud....
double counting and throwing out Coleman votes. Saw one example where
two forms were filled out basically the same, one had a scribble over
Franken and was counted, the other had a scribble over Coleman, it was
rejected. Hopefully the courts can get it straight before we have yet
another intolerant hater like Franken in office.. Have you ever heard
his schtick? He is a hater, no more...

O'Reilly's gonna have a stroke about this. I was watching C-Span live
during some book convention a few years ago where they were both
speakers pushing their books. They tore into each other verbally.
You think Franken can take O'Reailly? He tackled some protester a
couple years ago.
I heard Franken was school wrestler, and O'Reilly a school teacher.
O'Reilly's got a height advantage, but doesn't appear to be strong.
Franken's more bull-like, and pretty quick.
Both of them are hot-tempered.
I think if Franken just trash-talked to O'Reilly a little bit O'Reilly
would lose his cool first, and then Franken could quickly go in low on
O'Reilly - for the legs - and take him down quick - and it would be
all over.
Once down, O'Reilly wouldn't be able to get up. His head is too big.
Could go the other way, though.
It'd be a good match. Maybe the best since Ruffian and Foolish
Pleasure, a couple other horse's asses.

--Vic

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:43:23 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

1949 was the special year..... (a good year for exceptional people to be
born also).

Exceptional being the operative word there.

And I'll leave it to others to define exceptional. :)

Obligatory comment:

I blame Canada. :)

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,

H. L. Mencken
hk hk is offline

wrote:
[...]

Bill Loofah O'Rally is a gasbag, and short-tempered to boot. It would
be a delight to watch him have an on-air stroke, but I'd have to see it
on re-run.

I don't know what the fuss is about in Minnesota. Coleman was 250
votes ahead in the unofficial count after the election, and lost by
about that many votes. Out of mllions of votes case.

If Coleman were any good as a Senator, he would have buried Franken.
hk hk is offline

wrote:

1949 was the special year..... (a good year for exceptional people to be
born also).

Exceptional being the operative word there.

And I'll leave it to others to define exceptional. :)

Obligatory comment:

I blame Canada. :)

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

If you really bought a new boat with trip outboards, you would qualify
as exceptional. There are of course many definitions of exceptional.

wrote:

1949 was the special year..... (a good year for exceptional people to be
born also).

Exceptional being the operative word there.

And I'll leave it to others to define exceptional. :)

Obligatory comment:

I blame Canada. :)

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

If you really bought a new boat with trip outboards, you would qualify
as exceptional. There are of course many definitions of exceptional.

Eighteen foot fishboat with trip 28 hp Yanmar Diesels?

Casady
hk hk is offline

wrote:

1949 was the special year..... (a good year for exceptional people to be
born also).
Exceptional being the operative word there.

And I'll leave it to others to define exceptional. :)

Obligatory comment:

I blame Canada. :)

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

If you really bought a new boat with trip outboards, you would qualify
as exceptional. There are of course many definitions of exceptional.

Eighteen foot fishboat with trip 28 hp Yanmar Diesels?

Casady

Tom is exceptional, but not that exceptional.