Senior Member

Default More 'book cooking' at AIG?

On Dec 18, 11:48*am, harrykrause wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:29:57 -0500, BAR wrote:

I don't need a college degree. I have done quite well for myself. I have
four sisters all with Bachelors degrees one with an MSN and two with
MBAs. They still haven't caught up to me.

Ah, perhaps if they were brothers?

I wasn't suggesting college for monetary improvement, but for
intellectual improvement. A good, traditional liberal arts education
teaches you how to think.

Perhaps you should consider a "good, traditional liberal arts
education". Maybe Yale??
Senior Member

wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:29:57 -0500, BAR wrote:
I don't need a college degree. I have done quite well for myself. I have
four sisters all with Bachelors degrees one with an MSN and two with
MBAs. They still haven't caught up to me.
Ah, perhaps if they were brothers?
I wasn't suggesting college for monetary improvement, but for
intellectual improvement. A good, traditional liberal arts education
teaches you how to think.

Perhaps you should consider a "good, traditional liberal arts
education". Maybe Yale??

I have a good traditional liberal arts education, dummy; I never get
into shoving matches with the police.

Yeah, I really don't see you standing up for what's right...

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:22:53 -0500, HK wrote:

BAR wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"John" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:43:22 -0500, Boater
wrote:

...nothing. Just another cut'n'paste.
--

John Salmonbait
It is. But I was thinking the other day this bank bailout is a farce.

Why not do it this way. Pass a legislation that a bank MUST pay
it's debts and creditors or face immediate liquifaction. Special
chapter 7a if you will.

Absorb the bank, firing all senior management and board with cause.
Jailing all officers of the bank. And I do mean officers of the bank.

Good point. The SEC should be hiring 5000 auditors and prosecutors
right about now. Getting them trained up to go after the fraud that
has gone on. The billions GM Chrsylser want is better spent in
prosecuting corruption and incompetance.

When I got my first mortgage the guy making the loan pointed out to me
that he was an "officer" of the bank. I responded "oh." I didn't bother
telling him that anyone with a college degree and an IQ above room
temperature working at a bank is made an "officer" of the bank.

Don't take this the wrong way, but instead of playing golf, you ought to
enroll in one of those high end weekend degree programs and get yourself
a college degree.

Harry, you pretend to have a degree from Yale. You may have one from
Kansas. Only the Shadow knows if you've got one at all.

Having associated with both you and Bert, I can honestly say your degree
did you no good whatsoever. In other words, Bert is head and shoulders
above whatever you could hope to be.

--

John Salmonbait

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:48:29 -0500, harrykrause

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:29:57 -0500, BAR wrote:

I don't need a college degree. I have done quite well for myself. I have
four sisters all with Bachelors degrees one with an MSN and two with
MBAs. They still haven't caught up to me.

Ah, perhaps if they were brothers?

I wasn't suggesting college for monetary improvement, but for
intellectual improvement. A good, traditional liberal arts education
teaches you how to think.

Apparently it teaches one how to be a dedicated liar.
--

John Salmonbait

"HK" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

It's not a matter of catching up, and in fact has nothing to do with
earnings.

Cost benefit analysis. The benefit of a college degree for me is not
worth the cost at this time in my life. There are others in my life who
will benefit from a college degree and that is where my resources efforts
are focused.

okay.

Bill Gates lacks a college degree. Hindered him I guess.

Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Gates is a very unusual individual. Bet that never occurred to you.

"Boater" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

So are you an unusual individual. Liberal Arts Degree has not seemed to
help your social skills.