Default Worked all evening on this one...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:53:54 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news:KMydnbZVX6ojltTUnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@giganews. com...

"Boater" wrote in message

It's the Ponderosa! I like your photos...how about some new shots of
Sam
Adams?

He's a bit self conscious right now. Put on a few pounds since the end
of
the summer.
Mrs.E. has him on a strict diet and he's a bit moody.

Eisboch

Here's who will greet you somewhere in the house if you show up
"uninvited".

http://www.eisboch.com/cropfudge.jpg

Eisboch

Here's an example of 'eye fixing' with the paint dialog cloning tool.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...isbochsdog.jpg

Now he looks intelligent. Like he

http://eisboch.com/fudgebook.jpg

Eisboch

I like that setup. I may try it with our Springer.

stp stp is offline

On Dec 17, 12:08*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:35:44 -0800 (PST), stp
wrote:

I shot a bunch of pictures during the recent ice storm here. Here are
a few unedited images that I like and might try to tweak. Anyone think
they are worth it or should they go in the recycle bin?

Steve P.- Hide quoted text -

And here are the links:

Exactly in order - the first one is fine as it is. *You would boost
the blue channel a tad, but it's great just like that. *I really like
pattern combinations against the blue sky. *Nifty image.

http://www.monkeybutler.com/tmp/COPYDSC_2283.JPG

Might want to experiment with this one a little. *It's neat and the
lens bloom doens't hurt it at all. *Might want to use sharpening
unmask control to make it a little more sharp without compromising the
over all effect. *As it's a fairly large image, a couple of crops
would take the one image and turn it into two - starting on the right,
go jus to the left of the tree with the broken branch - snip it and
paste it as a new image. *You could also crop to just below the wall
and leave that as it is. *That would be really neat looking.

Might want to convert it out to grayscale - not sure how that would go
and I wouldn't presume to try it for you, but the effect would be
startling.

http://www.monkeybutler.com/tmp/COPYDSC_2317.JPG

This could have been a good one, but the focus problem with the
berries closest to the lens kind of ruins the over all effort. If you
look at it center on, the out of focus berries confuse the eye against
the background. *A macro lens would have been a real help here.

Great composition though - just a couple of minor issues that mess it
up.

http://www.monkeybutler.com/tmp/COPYDSC_6251.JPG

Just my opinion you understand. *

Must live out west of me or maybe a little NW. *We didn't get any of
that here in the NE corner of CT.

If you have the time and inclination I'd be happy to see you what you
would do with the image. I am definitely lacking in the lens
department, I only have the kit lens.

I'm not too far from you here in Leicester, just north of the Mass.
Pike. Here are a few disaster pictures from around my neighboorhood.

http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/01.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/03.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/04.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/05.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/06.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/07.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/08.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/09.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/10.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/11.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/12.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/13.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/14.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/15.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/16.jpg

Steve P.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:58:02 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .

"Boater" wrote in message

It's the Ponderosa! I like your photos...how about some new shots of
Sam
Adams?

He's a bit self conscious right now. Put on a few pounds since the end
of
the summer.
Mrs.E. has him on a strict diet and he's a bit moody.

Eisboch

Here's who will greet you somewhere in the house if you show up
"uninvited".

http://www.eisboch.com/cropfudge.jpg

Eisboch

Here's an example of 'eye fixing' with the paint dialog cloning tool.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...isbochsdog.jpg

Now he looks intelligent. Like he

http://eisboch.com/fudgebook.jpg

Eisboch

Smart dog.
--

John Salmonbait

"stp" wrote in message

I'm not too far from you here in Leicester, just north of the Mass.
Pike. Here are a few disaster pictures from around my neighboorhood.

http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/01.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/03.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/04.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/05.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/06.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/07.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/08.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/09.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/10.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/11.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/12.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/13.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/14.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/15.jpg
http://www.monkeybutler.com/help/16.jpg

Steve P.

Makes you wonder why we continue to use an archaic system of "telephone"
poles to hang 13,500 volts or more along the roadways.

Why don't we bury it in ditches with the wire's run in PVC conduit?

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:45:51 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

Sorry, but it does nothing for me. It looks like prison bars on the beach.
I'm certainly no expert though, and I'm willing to learn. No offense I
hope.

Neanderthal. :)

Here's the original converted from RAW (ORF) into .jpeg at high Q and
without editing.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/_C050197org.jpg

Neanderthal. :)

Uuuugh.... g

Now that pic does something for me. I still see prison bars, but I also see
what *you* saw. This is a shot that I'd say, "Cool pic!"

--Mike

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"stp" wrote in message

[...]

$$$ Pure and simple.

--Mike

"Mike" wrote in message

Makes you wonder why we continue to use an archaic system of "telephone"
poles to hang 13,500 volts or more along the roadways.

Why don't we bury it in ditches with the wire's run in PVC conduit?

$$$ Pure and simple.

I am sure it made sense back in the 30's and 40's but the voltage in those
days was a lot lower than it is today. Our house is fed with a single,
buried coaxial cable about an inch in diameter. (looks like a bigger version
of a RG-6 cable company cable). The voltage is 13,500 volts or higher. It
terminates in a step-down transformer located near the house.

It's a bit scary to think that those "telephone" poles are carrying that
kind of voltage, exposed to wind, weather, etc.

Eisboch

Well it worked... Short Wave Sportfishing General 10 October 31st 07 03:53 PM
Worked on the boat yesterday Edgar ASA 0 March 7th 07 07:15 PM
Worked on the boat yesterday katy ASA 0 March 7th 07 07:14 PM
Well that worked too! CANDChelp ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:35 AM
Why is Billy So worked up? Ghost ASA 1 July 17th 03 06:43 PM