Default Worked all evening on this one...

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:45:51 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

Sorry, but it does nothing for me. It looks like prison bars on the beach.
I'm certainly no expert though, and I'm willing to learn. No offense I hope.

Neanderthal. :)

Here's the original converted from RAW (ORF) into .jpeg at high Q and
without editing.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/_C050197org.jpg

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:45:51 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

Sorry, but it does nothing for me. It looks like prison bars on the beach.
I'm certainly no expert though, and I'm willing to learn. No offense I hope.

Neanderthal. :)

Here's the original converted from RAW (ORF) into .jpeg at high Q and
without editing.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/_C050197org.jpg

Much more interesting photo in original form.

Remember Mies..."Less is more." That holds true for photo
post-processing, too.

http://www.farnsworthhouse.org/photos.htm

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:47:26 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:45:51 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

Sorry, but it does nothing for me. It looks like prison bars on the beach.
I'm certainly no expert though, and I'm willing to learn. No offense I hope.

Neanderthal. :)

Here's the original converted from RAW (ORF) into .jpeg at high Q and
without editing.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/_C050197org.jpg

Much more interesting photo in original form.

Remember Mies..."Less is more." That holds true for photo
post-processing, too.

http://www.farnsworthhouse.org/photos.htm

Tell you what Harry - you seem to be an expert on these things - I'll
give you password access to a directory on my web site just for you
and you can post your stuff there. All yours - you can post all your
best work for everybody to see and look at, comment on, etc.

Open offer - no strings.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Calm down, Tom. All I said was that I thought your original photo was
more, well, photogenic, than your Photoshopped versions. You seem to be
taking that as an insult, but it isn't. Think about it.

Did you bother to look at the photos of the Mies Farnsworth House? If
you did, you would have seen plain, simple, elegant design, unadorned,
and virtually impossible to improve upon. "Less is more." Do you think
that house needs to be Rococo-ized? Do you think Leonardo could have
improved on Mona Lisa by Photoshopping a different background?

I guess we have a totally different visual philosophy. I don't believe
nature needs a lot of improvement to be attractive. You do.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Could you get in trouble for copyright infringement performed by Harry but
posted on your site?
--
John

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Just claim you are an ISP.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

It's not the point - contempory modernism is a Scandinavian artistic
construct which came about as a sort of '40s era industrial simplicity
where form didn't always meet function from an esthetic sense. It was
totally sterile and uninteresting which is why it died a quick death
in the early '50s which ushered in the era of post-modern art and
architecture - form met function while being esthetically pleasing.

However, photography is an art form and as such, modernism produced
Pablo Picasso who over his career veered from Symbolist imagery to
Surrealism - all and any of which were never boring, sterile or
monotone in concept or execution and still called "modernist".

I guess we have a totally different visual philosophy. I don't believe
nature needs a lot of improvement to be attractive. You do.

I'm dead serious about this Harry. I really want to see your creative
side - see how you interpret your world visually.

Let's see your stuff - put it out there.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Nah. Not worried about it.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Let's see how "Obsessed with Harry" the asshole known as John Herring is.

His first post of the day...a slam at aimed at me.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:19:34 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:53:59 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
I really like the way it came out.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/_C050197bw.jpg

Nice. When I opened it up in my browser, it looked waaay over sharpened.
But once I downloaded the file and opened it full-screen in Irfanview, that
issue completely went away. It has a nice tone to it. Almost a sepia-like
quality to it.

Its actually several layers of some very slight halftone changes to
various areas of the image. I wanted to give it an antique look while
keeping the overall sharp nature of the image.

I think it came out really nice.

I like it.
Who's the chick?

--Vic

Well it worked... Short Wave Sportfishing General 10 October 31st 07 03:53 PM
Worked on the boat yesterday Edgar ASA 0 March 7th 07 07:15 PM
Worked on the boat yesterday katy ASA 0 March 7th 07 07:14 PM
Well that worked too! CANDChelp ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:35 AM
Why is Billy So worked up? Ghost ASA 1 July 17th 03 06:43 PM