Default Micro-four thirds...

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:02:05 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Well, I gone and dun it...

http://tinyurl.com/5wr2q3

Should be here on Friday.

Now I need to sell my 300 and 330 before Mrs. Wave finds out.

This could be a problem... :)

Cool. My D300 arrives from B&H tomorrow. Woot!

Gud on 'yer mate.

Dueling formats. :)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:14:01 -0500, Boater wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
Well, I gone and dun it...

http://tinyurl.com/5wr2q3

Should be here on Friday.

Now I need to sell my 300 and 330 before Mrs. Wave finds out.

This could be a problem... :)

What are a 300 and 330?

Olympus, maybe?
--
John

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:33:15 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:54:11 -0500, HK wrote:

Don White wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Well, I gone and dun it...

http://tinyurl.com/5wr2q3

Should be here on Friday.

Now I need to sell my 300 and 330 before Mrs. Wave finds out.

This could be a problem... :)

Those Olympic people won't be happy that you've deserted them.

Do you think the 4/3 system is a good compromise between full sized SLRs and
the tiny compact camera CMOS?

No. The original 4/3'rds didn't really catch on. There is no reason to
suspect the newly revised version will, either.

Where do you come up with this crap? Talk to fashion and outdoors
photographers sometime about what they use in reality - Canon or
Olympus E-1s and now E-3s.

Keep following the herd Harry - that's what you seem to be really good
at.

Moron.

Check your email.
--
John

Don White wrote:
[...]

Interesting. The fashion and outdoors photographers I know, and I hire
some every year, use Hasselblads, Nikons, and Canons. The architectual
photographers are using Hasselblads and 4x5's. I can't even recall the
last time I saw a working commercial photographer using an Olympus. Next
time you see a presidential "photo op," see if there are very many, if
any, Olympus cameras among the pros.

For a product like a professional SLR to "catch on," it has to have
market share. Among working photographers, what do you suppose the
Olympus market share is? No one out there is competing in a serious
fashion with Nikon and Canon.

I'm not knocking Olympus technology or quality. As I previously stated,
they make fine camera. When I state they haven't caught on, I mean
market share.

I see no reason to be iconoclastic when it comes to cameras. Nikons and
Canons are good enough for me.

Don White wrote:
[...]

A secret message from Herring to SW Tom...wowser.

Don White wrote:
[...]

When I was downtown visiting Atlantic Photo, the oldest 'real photo store'
in this area, the guy told me that the local professionals use either Nikon
or Canon cameras.

Don White wrote:

Don White wrote:
[...]

That's true pretty much everywhere, except among the photogs shooting
larger format...2-1/4, 6x7, 4x5. Despite what you see on TV movies, most
fashion photography is NOT shot on 35mm film or digital cameras.

The national geo still photographers use nikons and canons almost
exclusively. The gal photog I use for west coast photography works
freelance for geo these days, and her travel cameras are Nikons. She
shoots Hasselblads for the "Good Stuff" indoors, and has an assistant to
wrestle with the gear and lights.

Once again, I am not knocking Olympus cameras. They just don't have much
market share in the top pro segment.

It's funny, but when I was commissioning a lot of architectural
photography, the very best photographers used 4x5 film almost
exclusively and 2-1/4 when space was limited or they had to move fast.
Hardly anyone used 35mm, and I believe 35mm film has significantly
higher megapixels, as it were, than the best of today's more common
digital SLRs.

Digital is still catching up with film.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Well, I gone and dun it...

http://tinyurl.com/5wr2q3

Should be here on Friday.

Now I need to sell my 300 and 330 before Mrs. Wave finds out.

This could be a problem... :)

I may have to buy a new camera. Wife looked for the Pentax today to photo a
drake and hen mallard using the swimming pool. She can't find the camera.
Will be my fault.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:35:28 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

When I was downtown visiting Atlantic Photo, the oldest 'real photo store'
in this area, the guy told me that the local professionals use either Nikon
or Canon cameras.

That may be true in North America, but the rest of the world knows
better.

wrote:

When I was downtown visiting Atlantic Photo, the oldest 'real photo store'
in this area, the guy told me that the local professionals use either Nikon
or Canon cameras.

That may be true in North America, but the rest of the world knows
better.

Where is that, Tom?
By the shores of Dongting Lake in Hunan Province?

Nikon and Canon are the two leading brands of professional-grade SLR
cameras used by professionals all around the world. No other brands even
come close in that market segment.

Do you have a cite that shows "the rest of the world knows better"?
What does that mean, anyway?

More on Four-Thirds Photo Gear Boater[_3_] General 1 December 16th 08 08:22 PM
Garmin Micro G-Charts - Is there Another way? C Graham Electronics 5 May 14th 08 07:18 PM
armin Micro G-Charts - Is there another way? C Graham General 0 May 9th 08 05:48 PM
micro g charts bob Electronics 1 May 22nd 05 01:01 AM
FS: Pyranha Micro 240 in WNC Max Jones Whitewater 0 October 17th 03 02:49 AM