Default Cheap lobster

Don White wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.

What did he pay?

We live it up tonight.

"BAR" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. They
are protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local
buyers. My son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck
near his work.

What did he pay?

We live it up tonight.

$5.00... not sure if that's per lobster or per pound.

D K D K is offline

Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. They
are protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local
buyers. My son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck
near his work.

What did he pay?

We live it up tonight.

$5.00... not sure if that's per lobster or per pound.

Don't try to figure it out. Advanced math might give you a headache, dummy.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:18:58 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here. Add the increase in
shipping charges because they are live....

Unbelievable.

wrote:

No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here.

In Des Moines supermarkets sell it for two bucks a pound. Vending
machines.

Casady

wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. *They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. *My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. *Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here. *Add the increase in
shipping charges because they are live....

Unbelievable.

Just bring me some good beer and we'll call it even.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. *They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. *My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. *Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here. *Add the increase in
shipping charges because they are live....

Unbelievable.

Just bring me some good beer and we'll call it even.

Canadian? or Mexican?

wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. *They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. *My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. *Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here. *Add the increase in
shipping charges because they are live....

Unbelievable.

Just bring me some good beer and we'll call it even.

Canadian? or Mexican?

I said GOOD beer. Belgian.

Although I have to admit that for Mexican beers, I like Bohemia or
Tecate much better than Corona. More body and better flavor for a
light, lager style beer.

The big Canadian exports are just so-so, barely better than
Budweiser. They have some excellent craft brewed beers, but they
aren't typically available in the states.

These days, if I'm going to drink a beer, it's typically a craft-
brewed American or a Belgian. Miller Light is for boiling shrimp. :-)
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
No need to own a lobster boat...the fisherman are bringing truckloads of
lobster to numerous streetcorners to sell directly to the public. *They are
protesting the $3.00-3.25 per pound rate being paid by the local buyers. *My
son just called from work... he bought 5 lobsters off a truck near his work.
We live it up tonight.

Try shipping them somewhere. *Can't find the packaging and dry ice is
only available in 200 lb blocks around here. *Add the increase in
shipping charges because they are live....

Unbelievable.

Just bring me some good beer and we'll call it even.

Beer is already purchased.

I'm going to get those freakin' lobsters to you if it kills me.

Unreal - I can get three pounders for $10 bucks a piece and it's going
to cost me $45 to ship 'em.

I'll figure something out.

Tom, Lots of places carry live lobster. Like Wal-(gangster) Mart super
stores. he cold pick out his lobsters, and send him the balance. a lot
cheaper than trying to pack fresh ones and hope they get there
unscathed and smelly.