Default One of my favorite holiday songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

and one more favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgSbd2wJtE8

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:56:01 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

It was just a matter of time....
--
John

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

It was just a matter of time....

yes, us Jews have so few good holiday songs. You guys got all the good
ones.

Here is one for Harry

Grab yourself an Aluminum Pole
Then head on down to the Grocery Store
Grab some pretzels and some beer
This only comes one time a year
A time to scream, a time to shout
Get all of your grievances out
Soon well all be on our way
To celebrate a Festivus day
Dont Need Money
Dont Need Malls
Dont need a credit card to pay for it all
Soon well all be on our way
To celebrate Festivus Day
Yes Festivus, Festivus

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

It was just a matter of time....

yes, us Jews have so few good holiday songs. You guys got all the good
ones.

Really? You don't have a good cantor on the high holidays? Kol Nidrei is
not the equal of any Christmas song in terms of meaning or melody? Shame
on you.

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

It was just a matter of time....

yes, us Jews have so few good holiday songs. You guys got all the
good ones.

Really? You don't have a good cantor on the high holidays? Kol Nidrei is
not the equal of any Christmas song in terms of meaning or melody? Shame
on you.

Kol Nidrei is not a holiday song. It is a prayer. I don't think you
will find any Jew who would compare Kol Nidrei to most Christmas Carols.
I know Ava Maria is a prayer, but I don't think most Protestant
Christians realize it is a Catholic prayer.

Your comparison is definitely apples and oranges.

.... but for what it is worth, my statement was really tongue in check
about posting Adam Sandlers Chanukah Song.

Woosh......

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

It was just a matter of time....

yes, us Jews have so few good holiday songs. You guys got all the
good ones.

Really? You don't have a good cantor on the high holidays? Kol Nidrei
is not the equal of any Christmas song in terms of meaning or melody?
Shame on you.

Kol Nidrei is not a holiday song. It is a prayer. I don't think you
will find any Jew who would compare Kol Nidrei to most Christmas Carols.
I know Ava Maria is a prayer, but I don't think most Protestant
Christians realize it is a Catholic prayer.

Your comparison is definitely apples and oranges.

... but for what it is worth, my statement was really tongue in check
about posting Adam Sandlers Chanukah Song.

Woosh......

As pure music and poetry, Kol Nidrei can hold its own. I suppose this is
too subtle for you.

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

Here's one of mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRkgq4QTR9Q

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:02:41 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

and one more favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgSbd2wJtE8

And one more from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7YjgSqGjA&NR=1

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg

Here's one of mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRkgq4QTR9Q

Now you have crossed the line.

Songs to Sail By Capt. Rob ASA 1 July 4th 06 06:47 PM
Quick poll-favorite/least favorite watches John Cairns ASA 6 January 23rd 06 05:36 PM
Best Sailing Songs..... Capt. Rob ASA 40 November 21st 05 12:32 PM
making a cd of sailing songs scott perkins ASA 0 January 24th 05 01:53 PM