Default Dudes...

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:47:23 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 08:07:50 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

I just saw something that one of our contributors here has produced.

I am stunned by it's beauty, grace and style.

I can't say anything more than that, but once it's published, you will
be truly impressed.

What a talent.

I sure hope he offers to share it like he did the last one.

Me too. I still have the first one on my desktop and occasionally let it
run while contemplating my belly button.

You should be receiving an email shortly regarding distribution.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:52:35 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

I am not a religious person, but if you think about it, you have this
all backwards. Someone who is religious will KNOW if a supreme being
does exist, yet someone who isn't religious might not know even if a
supreme being does exist.

And that would be me and I do, indeed exist.

Also, keep tabs on your email for the next few days - something will
be enroute shortly.

Moron. :)

wrote:

I am not a religious person, but if you think about it, you have this
all backwards. Someone who is religious will KNOW if a supreme being
does exist, yet someone who isn't religious might not know even if a
supreme being does exist.

And that would be me and I do, indeed exist.

When I go to heaven and see you have the name Supreme Being on your
business card, then I will believe it. Until then, you are nothing more
than a quirky leader of some far flung galaxy.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:15:08 -0500, Boater
wrote:

How will religious persons *know* if a supreme being exists? Does El
Supremo invite them over for coffee and cake? A religious person may
indeed have faith there is a supreme being, but that is all.

Ah well - you see, you can believe what you wish.

I KNOW a Supreme Being exists. For a fact.

Doesn't matter how I know - I know.

And it really doesn't matter what you think about that either.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:58:57 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:44:25 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Boater wrote:

Isn't religion wonderful? A believer like you doesn't know whether
a supreme being exists, and will never know.

I am not a religious person, but if you think about it, you have
this all backwards. Someone who is religious will KNOW if a supreme
being does exist, yet someone who isn't religious might not know
even if a supreme being does exist.
How will religious persons *know* if a supreme being exists? Does El
Supremo invite them over for coffee and cake? A religious person may
indeed have faith there is a supreme being, but that is all.
This really should be easy to understand. If a religious persons
belief is that there is an afterlife, and if by living their life in
the proscribed manner of their religion, they will meet the supreme
being in the afterlife, they will then KNOW their is a supreme being.
Well, that is nice and circular. Interestingly, it excludes the Hateful
Herring.

Since JohnH is only saying Merry Christmas and highlighting a song
and images that he enjoys, why does it bother you? You admit that
you enjoy the religious song, you just don't like the images, as he
said, close the window and enjoy the music.
I am not a fan of Christian religious panderers, especially those who
use religion to try to conceal their non-Christian ways. You'll note
I made no comment about Tim or his religious feelings.
So are you saying that Tim, who I believe is a Christian, will KNOW
whether a supreme being exists, but JohnH, who is also a Christian who
has very similar religious beliefs as Tim, will not know.

Herring only claims to be a Christian.
I am pretty certain, that among most of the Christian denominations,
that is the ONLY requirement to be a Christian.

I am pretty certain, that no Christian denomination expects their
members to be perfect, and in fact believe no one has been perfect for
over 2000 yrs. This sounds very similar to when you used to say Tom
and Eisboch were righteous righties, but the rest of those who leaned
to the political right, were scum.

Perfection is not expected from humans.

Adolf Hitler was raised as a catholic.

I have no idea if Adolf Hitler claimed to be a Christian as a adult, nor
am defending Christianity or those who profess to be Christians. I was
talking about the illogical statement:

"Isn't religion wonderful? A believer like you doesn't know whether a
supreme being exists, and will never know."

and that statement only applied to JohnH, and not Tim, who both
basically have the same belief system. If this simple concept is too
hard for someone to understand, there is no way we can discuss the
concept of was wither Adolph Hitler was a Christian and by asking for
forgiveness before he died, could he have gone to heaven.

I do believe that Godwin's Law has been officially proven. :)

wrote:

I am not a religious person, but if you think about it, you have this
all backwards. Someone who is religious will KNOW if a supreme being
does exist, yet someone who isn't religious might not know even if a
supreme being does exist.

And that would be me and I do, indeed exist.

When I go to heaven and see you have the name Supreme Being on your
business card, then I will believe it. Until then, you are nothing more
than a quirky leader of some far flung galaxy.

I have a business card that identifies me as Supreme Galactic
Overlord, Imperious Ruler of All Living Beings, Defeater of The
Defeatless, Paragon of Virtue and All That Is Holy.

There is a really funny story about mixing up cards at a business
meeting one time, but I'll pass on telling it.

Certain humorless moron regulars here might not appreciate it.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

I am not a religious person, but if you think about it, you have this
all backwards. Someone who is religious will KNOW if a supreme being
does exist, yet someone who isn't religious might not know even if a
supreme being does exist.

And that would be me and I do, indeed exist.

Also, keep tabs on your email for the next few days - something will
be enroute shortly.

Moron. :)

What about that 'package' you sent up to me?
Did you lash it to a donkey and point it towards the border?

Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 8, 11:47*am, Boater wrote:

Isn't religion wonderful? A believer like you doesn't know whether a
supreme being exists, and will never know.- Hide quoted text -

Never say "never," Harry.
Tim Tim is offline

--
We say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

John H

[...]

made no comment about Tim or his religious feelings.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Harry. I'm not perfect and never will be.

I dont' always succeed, but I try to live up to the standard.