Default IrfranView...

wrote in message

On Dec 7, 8:21 pm, Keith nuttle wrote:

I have all of the filters installed and use them occasionally in trying
to read tombstones. I do a lot of genealogy research.

Really, what part of the country. I have a lot of old records, SS,
Death, Military etc for NY and surrounding states. My parents did
Genealogy for close to 40 years. We are clean back to the early 1400's
in several of our lines.. I'm related to the Wright Brothers.. and
like almost everybody, one of the King Henry's...

My parents spent several summers in gaveyards, libraries, and town
halls...

What's really scary to Harry is that he and Loogy may be related.

Eisboch

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 04:51:56 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message

On Dec 7, 8:21 pm, Keith nuttle wrote:

I have all of the filters installed and use them occasionally in trying
to read tombstones. I do a lot of genealogy research.

Really, what part of the country. I have a lot of old records, SS,
Death, Military etc for NY and surrounding states. My parents did
Genealogy for close to 40 years. We are clean back to the early 1400's
in several of our lines.. I'm related to the Wright Brothers.. and
like almost everybody, one of the King Henry's...

My parents spent several summers in gaveyards, libraries, and town
halls...

What's really scary to Harry is that he and Loogy may be related.

NO WAY!!!!

That would be hysterically funny.

It would explain a lot.

wrote in message

On Dec 7, 8:21 pm, Keith nuttle wrote:

I have all of the filters installed and use them occasionally in trying
to read tombstones. I do a lot of genealogy research.

Really, what part of the country. I have a lot of old records, SS,
Death, Military etc for NY and surrounding states. My parents did
Genealogy for close to 40 years. We are clean back to the early 1400's
in several of our lines.. I'm related to the Wright Brothers.. and
like almost everybody, one of the King Henry's...

My parents spent several summers in gaveyards, libraries, and town
halls...

What's really scary to Harry is that he and Loogy may be related.

NO WAY!!!!

That would be hysterically funny.

It would explain a lot.

You two were in the military...he's more likely to be one of your sons.

On Dec 8, 4:51*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 7, 8:21 pm, Keith nuttle wrote:

I have all of the filters installed and use them occasionally in trying
to read tombstones. I do a lot of genealogy research.

Really, what part of the country. I have a lot of old records, SS,
Death, Military etc for NY and surrounding states. My parents did
Genealogy for close to 40 years. We are clean back to the early 1400's
in several of our lines.. I'm related to the Wright Brothers.. and
like almost everybody, one of the King Henry's...

My parents spent several summers in gaveyards, libraries, and town
halls...

What's really scary to Harry is that he and Loogy may be related.

Eisboch

Nah, there's no fat pigs in my family! Besides, for those who believe
the Adam and Eve thing, wouldn't we all be related?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:36:28 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

Yes. Been using it for years. It used to be free, but now it costs a
little. Nice, quick program for very, very basic editing, which is about
all I'm capable of. Great for slide shows, and will handle most formats of
video also. I'm using version 4.1. Don't know what the latest is.
--
John H.

wrote:

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

Yes. Been using it for years. It used to be free, but now it costs a
little. Nice, quick program for very, very basic editing, which is about
all I'm capable of. Great for slide shows, and will handle most formats of
video also. I'm using version 4.1. Don't know what the latest is.

Whoops. My boo-boo. It's still free. I sent them money, but it was a
donation.
--
John H.

wrote:

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

Yes. Been using it for years. It used to be free, but now it costs a
little. Nice, quick program for very, very basic editing, which is about
all I'm capable of. Great for slide shows, and will handle most formats
of
video also. I'm using version 4.1. Don't know what the latest is.
--
John H.

I just checked the InfranView website. Version 4.2 is available and is
still free.
I still use 4.1 and really don't see a need to update, but I downloaded 4.2
anyway but have not installed it.

Eisboch

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 04:48:50 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

Yes. Been using it for years. It used to be free, but now it costs a
little. Nice, quick program for very, very basic editing, which is about
all I'm capable of. Great for slide shows, and will handle most formats
of
video also. I'm using version 4.1. Don't know what the latest is.
--
John H.

I just checked the InfranView website. Version 4.2 is available and is
still free.
I still use 4.1 and really don't see a need to update, but I downloaded 4.2
anyway but have not installed it.

Eisboch

You're correct. I had sent them some money which is what stuck in my mind.

When I went to my latest version, 4.1, there were a lot of changes to
contend with, but I hadn't updated for many years.

Let us know, please, how you find version 4.2 when you install it.
--
John H.