Default IrfranView...

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

--

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that
a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes

H.L. Mencken

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

Eisboch

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:52:54 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

How do you load the filter sets?

Can't seem to get that to work.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:52:54 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

How do you load the filter sets?

Can't seem to get that to work.

I don't know. I never downloaded the filter plugins. I just use it as it
is.

Eisboch

Tom, don't know if you have this.
Here's something I found in the InranView directory on my computer:

File : 'Plugins.txt' - Information for IrfanView PlugIns
Author: Irfan Skiljan
E-Mail:
WWW :
http://www.irfanview.com

!*! Please use always the current IrfanView and PlugIn version !*!

- How to install IrfanView PlugIns?

1) Visit IrfanView's homepage: http://www.irfanview.com
2) Go to "Download-PlugIns"
3) Download PlugIns
4) Click on the PlugIn file
5) PlugIns will be installed into IrfanView "PlugIns" directory

Download:

You can download all PlugIns from the Internet:
http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
http://www.irfanview.net/plugins.htm

Available PlugIns:

* 1. 8BF_FILTERS.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to load Adobe Photoshop
8BF filters.
Note: some older/special 8BFs may require additional
system DLLs.
You can download these DLLs he
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/8bf_tools.zip
Copy/unzip these DLLs into your Windows-System or
System32 folder.

* 2. AWD.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read Artweaver files.
Thanks to Boris Eyrich.

* 3. B3D.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read BodyPaint 3D files.

* 4. CRW.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read Canon CRW/CR2 files.
Note: this PlugIn requires additional Canon DLLs:
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/canon_crw.zip
(check "Readme_Canon.txt" for instructions and install!)

* 5. CADIMAGE.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read CAD formats: DXF,
DWG, HPGL, CGM, SVG.
Check
"http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/irfanviewplugins.zip" for
newest versions and licenses. (Shareware, Third party
PlugIn)

* 6. DICOM.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read Dicom medical files.
Thanks to Wolfgang Krug and Chris Rorden.
Note: DICOM/ACR/IMA format hasn't a specific header and
IrfanView
can't recognize all such images. If you want to read
Dicom/ACR/IMA
images with IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".dcm",
".acr" or ".ima" !

* 7. DJVU.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read DjVu files.

* 8. EAFSH.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/save EA Sports FSH
files.
Thanks to GreyMana: http://www.greymana.de.

* 9. ECW.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write ECW files
(Enhanced Compressed Wavelet).

* 10. EFFECTS.DLL - This PlugIn contains some image effects.
Thanks to GENiEBEN!

* 11. EMAIL.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to send images as emails.

* 12. EXIF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to show EXIF information from
EXIF-JPG files.

* 13. FFACTORY.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to use Filter Factory 8BF
files (Photoshop plugins).
The DLL is based on the Filter Factory library from
Michael Johannhanwahr: www.icnet.de.
Thanks Michael!

* 14. FLASH.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play Macromedia's
Flash/Shockwave/FLV files.
Thanks to Remio!

* 15. FORMATS.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read additional image
formats:
- PSP - Paint Shop Pro format
- IFF/LBM format (Amiga Interchange File Format)
- G3 Fax format
- RAS/SUN format
- Bio-RAD Confocal image format
- Mosaic format
- YUV format
- XBM format
- XPM format
- GEM-IMG format
- WBMP - WAP Bitmap
- SGI format (Silicon Graphics Image)
- RLE format (Utah RLE Image)
- TTF format (True Type Font)
- RAW format (RAW data)
- Digital camera RAW formats (CRW CR2 DNG NEF RAF ORF MRW
ERF DCR SRF X3F PEF EFF)
- DDS format (Direct Draw Surface)
- SFW format (Seattle Film Works JPG file)
- CAM format (Casio CAM JPG file)
- KDC format (Kodak Digital Camera files)
- WAD format (WAD3 game files)
- WAL format (Quake 2 textures)
- PIC format (Softimage PICT)
- FITS format (Flexible Image Transport System)
- HDR format (High Dynamic Range)
- PVR format (DreamCast textures)

Note: G3 format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
can't recognize all such images. If you want to read G3
images with IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".g3" !

Note: Mosaic format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
can't recognize all such images. If you want to read
Mosaic
images with IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".mos" !

Note: XBM format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
can't
recognize all such images. If you want to read XBM images
with
IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".xbm" !

Note: XPM format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
can't
recognize all such images. If you want to read XPM images
with
IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".xpm" !

Note: WBMP format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
can't
recognize all such images. If you want to read WBMP images
with
IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".wbmp" !

* 16. FPX.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read FlashPix format.

* 17. FUNLTDIV.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to use Filters Unlimited
files (Photoshop PlugIns and filters)
The PlugIn is based on the Library from Michael
Johannhanwahr: www.icnet.de
Thanks Michael!

* 18. FTP.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to transfer files from
Thumbnails window using FTP.

* 19. HDP.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read HDP/WDP files (MS HD
Photo).

* 20. ICONS.DLL - This PlugIn contains special icons for IrfanView file
associations.

* 21. ICS.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read ICS files (Image
Cytometry Standard).
Thanks to Cris Luengo.

* 22. IMPDF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to save PDF files (Portable
Document Format).
Thanks to ComSquare AG!

* 23. IPTC.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to edit IPTC and Comment
information from JPG files.

* 24. IV_PLAYER.EXE - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play
video/sound/audio-cd files using MS Media Player interface.
(AVI, MPG, WAV, MIDI, CDA, WMA, ASF, AIF, SND,
WMA/WMV)

* 25. JPEG2000.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write JPEG-2000
format.
Note: Third party PlugIn, registration required for
saving.

* 26. JPG_TRANSFORM.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to process lossless
JPG transformations:
vertical flip, horizontal flip, rotation, crop or
marker cleaning.

* 27. JPM.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write JPM format.
(JPEG2000/Part6, Luradocument.JPM, similar to LDF)
Note: Third party PlugIn, registration required for saving.

* 28. KDC.DLL - This DLL is created by Kodak Eastman Company.
It allows IrfanView to read KDC files (Kodak Digital
Camera).
It was tested with KDC120 and KDC50 files.

* 29. LCMS.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to use embedded color profiles
in JPG/TIF files.
Thanks to Marti Maria!

* 30. LDF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write LuraDocument
format LDF.
IrfanView can save images up to 4096x4096 pixels as LDF and
max. 6 pages in one LDF file.
The DLL is based on the SDK from LuraTech GmbH, Germany:
www.luratech.com
Thanks guys!

* 31. LOGOMANAGER.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read to Nokia Logo
Files:
NLM/NOL/NGG/NSL/OTB/GSM.
Thanks to Mike Bradley: http://www.logomanager.co.uk

* 32. LWF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write LuraWave format
LWF.
IrfanView can save images up to 4096x4096 pixels as LWF.
The DLL is based on the SDK from LuraTech GmbH, Germany:
www.luratech.com
Thanks guys!

* 33. MED.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play MED/OctaMED audio
files.

* 34. MNG.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/play MNG/JNG files.

* 35. MP3.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play MP3/MP2/MP1 audio
files.

* 36. MPG.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView extract frames from MPG files.

* 37. MRC.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read MRC files.

* 38. MRSID.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read LizardTech SID files.

* 39. NERO.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to burn slideshow to data or
Video CD,
using the FULL version of Nero Burning ROM software
(www.nero.com).

* 40. PAINT.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView topaint lines, circles,
arrows, straighten image etc.
Thanks to Matteo Italia!

* 41. PHOTOCD.DLL - This DLL is created by Kodak Eastman Company.
It allows IrfanView to read large resolutions from a
PhotoCD file:
1536 x 1024 and 3072 x 2048 pixels.

* 42. PNGOUT.DLL - This PlugIn allows optimized PNG saving. Thanks to Ken
Silverman.
PlugIn URL: http://advsys.net/ken/utils.htm#pngout

* 43. POSTSCRIPT.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read PS, EPS, PDF
files.
Note: AFPL Ghostscript is required:
http://www.ghostscript.com/awki/AFPL_Ghostscript_8.54
Direct link:
ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors...4/gs854w32.exe

* 44. QUICKTIME.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play Apple Quicktime
formats:
MOV, 3GP, MP4, MacPICT, QTIF and FLI/FLC.
Note: Apple Quicktime must be installed and the PlugIn
enabled in:
Properties-Video.
Download it from Apple:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

* 45. RA_PLAYER.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play Real Audio files.
Note: The Real Player must be installed!
Download it from Real Networks: www.real.com

* 46. SFF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read SFF (Structured Fax)
files.

* 47. SLIDESHOW.EXE - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to create presentations
in
EXE or SCR format (stand alone executable/screen
saver).

* 48. SOUNDPLAYER.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play OGG files (Ogg
Vorbis).

* 49. VIDEO.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to play video/sound files.
(AVI, MPG/MPEG, WAV, MOV, MID/RMI, AIF, AU/SND, WMA/WMV)

* 50. VTF.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read VTF (Valve Texture)
files.

-------------------------

Whew! That was a lot of typing....

Eisboch

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:29:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Whew! That was a lot of typing....

Yeah - and I just snipped it all. :)

~~ snerk ~~

Ungrateful - I know.

Thanks - now I've got it sussed.

I like it so far - very handy for resizing and just viewing photos for
tagging.

I wonder if they accept donations - I'd give 'em $20 for their
efforts.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:23:35 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:52:54 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

How do you load the filter sets?

Can't seem to get that to work.

I don't know. I never downloaded the filter plugins. I just use it as it
is.

Never mind - fingered it out.

Interesting little program.

Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

Eisboch

Same here. Default choice for viewing, resizing, cropping, format
conversion etc. I'll only start something better if I have retouching
etc. to do. Its batch operations are extremely usefull as well.

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 22:11:22 +0000, IanM
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...

Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I use it all the time. It's set as my default image viewer and I do some
basic post processing with it.
It's a great program and fast.

Go for it.

Same here. Default choice for viewing, resizing, cropping, format
conversion etc. I'll only start something better if I have retouching
etc. to do. Its batch operations are extremely usefull as well.

It would appear that way.

I'll have to play around with it some more.
RG RG is offline

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Interesting - never worked with this program before.

Anybody other than the cheapskates here use it? :)

I recommended it to you in our recent email exchanges. I use it as my
default image viewer. It's fast and easy. I don't bother with any of it's
editing capabilities. I've got much better tools for that. But for a down
and dirty viewer, it can't be beat.

RG