Tim Tim is offline

Default So, what 'cha think?

On Dec 5, 8:47*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:05:58 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews7jjj4566m2ep7gfb93n0rq2nm5uqt10ng@4a x.com...
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

Cool. *The shadows make the sand look terraced. *I don't share your
affection for black & white, but I love the composition.

One color and one conversion.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_BW.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_CLR.jpg
--

Happy Holidays and Merry Whatever It Is
That ****es Liberals Off.

AH! My suspicions were correct. Reminds me of the movie "Summer of
'42" .

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...dune-fence.jpg

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 20:02:41 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

I like it technically, but...it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Thank you - appreciate it.

BTW, while you were snoozing, I popped open the trunk of your car and
got this beauty:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/52b86fbf.jpg

That's not too far from reality except for all the cameras - I only
carry a video camera, a Canon PnS and the E-300 - with lenses, true.
:)

However, there is also a full rain suit, some heavy towels, two
thermal blanets, my EMS jump kit, a pair of binoculars, one handheld
VHF, a laser range finder, two hundred feet of 3/8" double braid with
harness/three rove block&tackle, 30' 6500 lb tow strap, manual inflate
PFD, standard PFD, a folding survival shovel and six MRIs - vegetarian
along with a gallon of water, fire starters and two butane lighters.

.....and a partridge in a pear tree.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

And that's just for a trip to 7-11.

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:05:56 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

Nice texture and mood photo, but I really like this one:

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_BW.jpg

I liked that one too, but it needs more tinkering - I haven't quite
got the shading right.

I've got a few more from my trip to Mystic yesterday that I like.

Work on 'em when I've got some time.

--

"Do what you can, with what you
have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

Nice texture and mood photo, but I really like this one:

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_BW.jpg

I forgot to mention - those images are of the Nappatree Beach Dune
Restoration project - Watch Hill, Rhode Island.

When they first started the project 6 years ago, the dune I was
standing on top of didn't even exist - it was just a small mound.

Now, it's damn near forty feet high. In theory, they are moving right
down the beach with this project restoring them to what they used to
be 100 years ago.

It's working so far.

--

"Do what you can, with what you
have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:02:35 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Dec 5, 6:53*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

shadows of a picket fence against a sand dune?

Cretin.

It's certainly better than a certain picture of a guy impersonating
one of the GEICO cave man guys.

wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

shadows of a picket fence against a sand dune?

Cretin.

A cretin is someone who believes The Flintstones represents real life
adventures when men and dinosaurs roamed the earth together.

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 21:47:32 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:05:58 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message news
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

Cool. The shadows make the sand look terraced. I don't share your
affection for black & white, but I love the composition.

One color and one conversion.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_BW.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_CLR.jpg

Nope. Your first fence picture spoke to me. These don't whisper. Maybe it's
because they're outshown by the first one.

Here, I've been saving this picture. But, now I'll let it out for public
consumption.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1/_DIS0074.jpg
--
John H.

wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

shadows of a picket fence against a sand dune?

Cretin.

It's certainly better than a certain picture of a guy impersonating
one of the GEICO cave man guys.

That wasn't Moses after his trip up the mountain?

Damn, learn something new every day.
--
John H.
RG RG is offline

I forgot to mention - those images are of the Nappatree Beach Dune
Restoration project - Watch Hill, Rhode Island.

When they first started the project 6 years ago, the dune I was
standing on top of didn't even exist - it was just a small mound.

Now, it's damn near forty feet high. In theory, they are moving right
down the beach with this project restoring them to what they used to
be 100 years ago.

It's working so far.

Do we have wormsign?