Default Auto Hearings Humor

Rep. Shelley Capito was just reminiscing on all the cars she and her family
had owned and the "nicknames" they had given to them. One old Chrysler
product that her father had owned was called the "Chick Magnet"

Barney Frank interrupted her to say, "Doesn't sound like a car I would ever
own".

Eisboch

"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Rep. Shelley Capito was just reminiscing on all the cars she and her
family had owned and the "nicknames" they had given to them. One old
Chrysler product that her father had owned was called the "Chick Magnet"

Barney Frank interrupted her to say, "Doesn't sound like a car I would
ever own".

Eisboch

Funny. I'll bet he was serious too.

It was. It took Capito a few seconds to compose herself and get back to the
subject at hand.

Eisboch

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:33:57 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Rep. Shelley Capito was just reminiscing on all the cars she and her family
had owned and the "nicknames" they had given to them. One old Chrysler
product that her father had owned was called the "Chick Magnet"

Barney Frank interrupted her to say, "Doesn't sound like a car I would ever
own".

Eisboch

I often wish the folks at those hearings would say what they're thinking. I
guess they could be held in contempt of the contemptible, or something.
--
John H.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Rep. Shelley Capito was just reminiscing on all the cars she and her
family had owned and the "nicknames" they had given to them. One old
Chrysler product that her father had owned was called the "Chick Magnet"

Barney Frank interrupted her to say, "Doesn't sound like a car I would
ever own".

Eisboch

Funny. I'll bet he was serious too.

It was. It took Capito a few seconds to compose herself and get back to
the subject at hand.

Eisboch

Went to a Christmas lunch for former NCR people at Lefty O'douls in SF
today. Great gathering and people I have not seen in years. Interesting
address by the former CEO Bill Anderson of NCR. Regards the UAW and bad
automakers management. NCR was held up for excess 3 years after a 16 week
strike, and B.A. stood up to the union and made them accept the deal NCR
brought to the table. He commented on the CEO's of the Big 3 and they have
never stood up and left it to the next CEO to handle the problems. He
personally knows them all, as Edsel was on our BOD at one time. Plus he
commented that not one Congress Critter has asked the CEO's what is the
change in business plan that the will make money to pay back the loan?

Auto pilots Cameron Starr General 2 January 4th 07 08:37 PM
Auto Reviews on ASA Joe ASA 0 August 6th 06 04:20 AM
OT--Senate to Hold Hearings on Able Danger, Info Sharing NOYB General 1 August 25th 05 06:21 PM
Auto Pilot Richard Malcolm General 7 February 26th 04 04:04 AM