Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Bush Sells U.S. Naming Rights

China Buys Naming Rights to U.S.:
Nation to be Renamed ‘Panda Garden'

In a landmark deal that could provide much-needed cash to America's
anemic economy, China agreed today to acquire the naming rights to the
U.S. for a reported $1.4 trillion.

The deal, which is expected to be signed by President George W. Bush and
Chinese President Hu Jintao sometime before Inauguration Day on January
20, was hailed today by Mr. Bush as a "win-win" for both countries.

"We get 1.4 trillion dollars, and all we have to do is change our name
to ‘Panda Garden,'" Mr. Bush told reporters at the White House.

The president said he decided to make the extraordinary deal after being
shocked to learn that the U.S. was in a recession, when it was reported
yesterday in Duh magazine.

According to President Hu, the Chinese had originally inquired about
purchasing the rights to two American sports facilities named after
troubled companies, Ford Field in Detroit and Citi Field in New York,
but then decided it might be more cost-efficient to buy the rights "to
the whole shebang."

In addition to the $1.4 trillion, the Chinese government said that it
would provide $10 million to commission a new national anthem that would
somehow incorporate the words "Panda Garden" in the lyrics, and to
redesign the nation's flag, which will henceforth be known as "the
stars, stripes, and adorable bear."

Swiped from the incomparable Andy Borowitz...
andyborowitz.com

Another quality boat manufacturer sells out. HK General 189 November 9th 07 01:12 AM
Boat Naming Help kspraker General 25 February 3rd 04 07:11 AM
Bombardier sells rec vehicle business Larry W4CSC General 25 September 1st 03 10:14 PM
Bush and Human Rights bb General 3 July 14th 03 07:39 PM