Default The 'Great Escape' Tunnel

The Tunnel that made The Great Escape possible

When graphics appear, move cursor over the number (no need to click)
to display an explanation of activity.

Make sure you take the tour. It's really something to see.

This may be one of the most amazing e-mails I've seen. The last number
to 'roll over' is 16. Be sure to look and read the numbers and click
'next' to move along.

In 1943 work had begun on 'Harry', the tunnel that allowed over 70 men
to escape from the German POW camp, 'Stalag III', during World War II.
This was the same tunnel made famous by the movie 'The Great Escape'.
The URL below takes you to a site where one of the men, after the War,
drew a diagram with explanations of each of the sections.

It's amazing how accurate the movie was, even though it couldn't
possibly include all the information involved in this great engineering
feat. Hope you find this as interesting as I did.

http://www.kerman94.com/tunnelharry.html
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

JohnH wrote:
[...]

It's Thanksgiving Day, John Herring. Why not give a rest, at least for
today, to your hatred of other posters here?

On Nov 27, 7:43*am, Boater wrote:
JohnH wrote:
[...]

today, to your hatred of other posters here?- Hide quoted text -

It's Thanksgiving Day, Harry Krause. Why not give a rest, at least for
today, to your hatred of other posters here?

US Real Escape- Newport RI Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 2 July 17th 07 12:41 AM
How to get experience so that I can escape? henderob Cruising 23 February 7th 06 06:05 AM
No Escape Capt. Rob ASA 32 November 26th 05 10:20 PM
( OT ) The great escape Jim General 0 March 11th 04 05:12 AM
Larson Escape 214 Mitchell Gossman General 4 January 30th 04 01:13 AM