Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Hard starting

My Yamaha 90 hp 2 cycle on my Tolman has always been hard to start if
she has not been run in over a week. I will crank and pump the bulb
crank some more, pump etc for a Looooooooong time before she catches
and runs in a cloud of smoke. If she has been run recently, she
starts right up.
Tonight, I started her after a lapse of a month and I was not sure she
would ever start but she finally did. I then shut her down 3 times
and started her again. I think, but am not sure that she may be
getting flooded because more throttle makes her not start. Maybe the
starting problem is getting worse, I cannot really tell. Maybe I am
squeezing the bulb too much and flooding here, cannot tell. Ideas?