Default I iz gonna freeze

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

What are you blathering about? Winter doesn't even start for another
month.

14" of snow in Cleveland, OH and seeing the snow all over the Northeast
on
hte weather map, is close enough to winter to count.

Lake affect snow in western NY, it means you could get 4" or 4 feet!
Usually substantially more than 4 inches!

It is still snow.

Flurries here today. that means everyone gets into a panic about installing
their winter tires.
My son will pay for four...mounted on steel rims for our Dodge Charger, but
the Ranger makes do with a couple of sandbags over the rear wheels for
traction.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:53:02 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

Flurries here today. that means everyone gets into a panic about installing
their winter tires.
My son will pay for four...mounted on steel rims for our Dodge Charger, but
the Ranger makes do with a couple of sandbags over the rear wheels for
traction.

My kid's still got 4 winter tires cluttering my garage. The car they
were on needed them after he lowered the suspension, but it's gone and
the rims are too expensive to just junk.
Thanks for reminding me to get on his case about that.
He'll appreciate it.
I never used winter tires in my life, but always tossed a couple
hundred pounds of sand in the trunk of my RWD's, 400# in the pickup.
Works wonders.
Same when "pushing" somebody out of a snow. Easiest way is to get 4
guys standing on the bumper. But cars don't have bumpers now.

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

My kid's still got 4 winter tires cluttering my garage. The car they
were on needed them after he lowered the suspension, but it's gone and
the rims are too expensive to just junk.
Thanks for reminding me to get on his case about that.
He'll appreciate it.
I never used winter tires in my life, but always tossed a couple
hundred pounds of sand in the trunk of my RWD's, 400# in the pickup.
Works wonders.
Same when "pushing" somebody out of a snow. Easiest way is to get 4
guys standing on the bumper. But cars don't have bumpers now.

--Vic

If the tread is good, get the tire sizes and put an ad in Kijiji or Craigs
List ASAP.
Someone would love to buy 'em already mounted on rims.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Don White" wrote in message

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

When I go to Tahoe, I just use the standard all weather tires on the truck
or Blazer and push the 4x4 button. Nice thing about the snow here. Well
mannered. Stays high in the mountains 95% of the time. We get snow at my
level, 430', about once every 10 years.

On Nov 18, 8:06*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

.. .

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

level, 430', about once every 10 years.- Hide quoted text -

When I was in Martinez, I seen snow about half way down the flanks of
Mt. Diablo, but never getting down to the lower elevations.

wrote in message
On Nov 18, 8:06 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

.. .

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

____________________________________

Mt. Diablo is 3850' high. I live above the Livermore valley at about 430'
elevation. We do get a rare snow.

On Nov 19, 1:04*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 18, 8:06 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

.. .

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

.. .

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

elevation. *We do get a rare snow.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I've heard of snow pretty low in elevation in the bay area, but
very rarely.

Hey,.. you can freeze epoxy! Brian Nystrom Boat Building 5 September 5th 06 10:59 PM
Hey,.. you can freeze epoxy! Paul Oman Boat Building 0 September 4th 06 09:27 PM
Hey,.. you can freeze epoxy! Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 0 September 4th 06 08:21 AM
NW freeze Dene General 24 February 19th 06 08:10 PM
NW freeze Dene Cruising 25 February 19th 06 08:10 PM