BoatBanter.com

-   -   I iz gonna freeze (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/100125-i-iz-gonna-freeze.html)

Frogwatch[_2_] November 18th 08 04:01 AM

I iz gonna freeze

Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

Don White November 18th 08 04:14 AM

I iz gonna freeze

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

What are you blathering about? Winter doesn't even start for another month.

Frogwatch[_2_] November 18th 08 04:28 AM

I iz gonna freeze

On Nov 17, 11:14 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

What are you blathering about? Winter doesn't even start for another month.

All a matter of definition.

Calif Bill November 18th 08 04:36 AM

I iz gonna freeze

"Don White" wrote in message

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

What are you blathering about? Winter doesn't even start for another
month.

14" of snow in Cleveland, OH and seeing the snow all over the Northeast on
hte weather map, is close enough to winter to count.

Wayne.B November 18th 08 06:44 AM

I iz gonna freeze

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:36:05 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

14" of snow in Cleveland, OH and seeing the snow all over the Northeast on
hte weather map, is close enough to winter to count.

More global warming.

Tom G November 18th 08 06:49 AM

I iz gonna freeze

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Gotta go to Madison, WI. Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

Nope...it was still in the upper 60's up til a couple of weeks ago.
Howsomever, they're talking teens at night and highs in low 30's
tomorrow...maybe 42 on Wednesday.

Tom G. (about 40 miles SE of Madison in Illinois)

[email protected] November 18th 08 01:28 PM

I iz gonna freeze

On Nov 17, 11:36*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Gotta go to Madison, WI. *Its a nice place in summer but winter, you
godda be kiddin. *I always wanted to sail on those two lakes but I'll
take a rain check till summer. *Finally found my old parka, gloves and
such. *Has the water turned into that bizarro state called "ice" yet
there?

What are you blathering about? *Winter doesn't even start for another
month.

14" of snow in Cleveland, OH and seeing the snow all over the Northeast on
hte weather map, is close enough to winter to count.

Lake affect snow in western NY, it means you could get 4" or 4 feet!
Usually substantially more than 4 inches!

[email protected] November 18th 08 01:29 PM

I iz gonna freeze

wrote:
14" of snow in Cleveland, OH and seeing the snow all over the Northeast on
hte weather map, is close enough to winter to count.

More global warming.

Actually, global warming can mean more lake affect snow. The cold air
picking up moisture from the warmer lake water.