Default Solution for GM

"Boater" wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:10 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 17, 6:59 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

Well, GM has already ripped the Canadian Govt. for millions in a loan.
**** your idea. As a taxpayer, I'm not giving them anything. Gee,
silver-spooner, why not give them some of your money.
The fat-payed CEO, and other over-payed leeches down the line , should
be held responsible.

-----------------------------

"silver-spooner"? LOL. That's a new one.

You sound a bit more frustrated today than usual. Cut back on your
overtime? Union dues go up? Or did your shop steward inform you that
your
latest grievance was denied?

Eisboch

The company just got the union to up the manhours worked to two, for a
days pay...

Rowdy Mouse Racing, Don't need no stinkin' union...

Or brains, apparently. So...how much have you saved for that kid's
college?

Funny thing about that. If the parents spent all their money on BMW's and
vacations and have no real assets, the FAFSA application and program will
allow them huge amounts of financial aid. But if the parents were middle
class and saved for the kid's education, then little aid is available. If
there are savings put aside in hte kid's name, then 1/3 of that will go each
year to the education costs. I paid for my kid's education and saved 50% on
the younger ones university education as she earned a 1/2 ride scholarship
for grades. Private University, so still cost a little more per month than
the older one sho went to a Calif. public University. If Justwait's kid has
decent grades, and he has no money, the kid still gets to go to college.

wrote in message

On Nov 17, 6:59 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

Well, GM has already ripped the Canadian Govt. for millions in a loan.
**** your idea. As a taxpayer, I'm not giving them anything. Gee,
silver-spooner, why not give them some of your money.
The fat-payed CEO, and other over-payed leeches down the line , should
be held responsible.

-----------------------------

"silver-spooner"? LOL. That's a new one.

You sound a bit more frustrated today than usual. Cut back on your
overtime? Union dues go up? Or did your shop steward inform you that your
latest grievance was denied?

Eisboch

The company just got the union to up the manhours worked to two, for a
days pay...

Rowdy Mouse Racing, Don't need no stinkin' union...

Or brains, apparently. So...how much have you saved for that kid's college?

The kid has shown the initiative and discipline to get herself a nice, big
scholarship.

She's even shown some courage, which is something you know nothing of.

*Krausii Liesallthetime Marylandus* -- you gotta love it!
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 17, 6:59 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

Well, GM has already ripped the Canadian Govt. for millions in a loan.
**** your idea. As a taxpayer, I'm not giving them anything. Gee,
silver-spooner, why not give them some of your money.
The fat-payed CEO, and other over-payed leeches down the line , should
be held responsible.

-----------------------------

"silver-spooner"? LOL. That's a new one.

You sound a bit more frustrated today than usual. Cut back on your
overtime? Union dues go up? Or did your shop steward inform you that your
latest grievance was denied?

Eisboch

Now you're getting into the swing of things. ;-)

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 6:59 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
Here's an idea for the bailout versus bankruptcy debate as options for GM
(and possibly Ford and Chrysler)

Do both.

Agree to a government (taxpayer) financed cash infusion as part of the
reorganization plan in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

GM apparently has multiple, costly contractual obligations to suppliers,
for
unused facilities, pension plans, etc. that can only be restructured in a
bankruptcy situation, under the watch of a bankruptcy judge.

To pour money into GM without addressing these issues is, in the words of
the famous chant, "More of the same". GM will still be obligated to these
contracts, including retired pension and existing labor unions contracts.

Under Chapter 11 reorganization, GM can end contributions for existing
retired pensions. The cost of these pensions will be absorbed into an
existing federal pension insurance program (forget the name of it).

This arrangement will also afford GM to be completely restructured, lean
and
mean, and costly contractual obligations that are no longer of benefit can
be terminated by the bankruptcy judge.
The judge can also require labor union contracts to be renegotiated,
management replaced and/or restructured, including salary and perk caps.

Then, with the "new" GM structure in place, a taxpayer financed investment
makes sense to kick start the reorganized company with the money spent to
develop and market modern, fuel efficient vehicles at a cost that can be
competitive with the likes of Toyota and Honda.

It makes sense to me. I also think that Toyota and Honda are walking down
the same path as the US auto industry and eventually will become bloated
and
inefficient. We should restructure the US industry now, and stay ahead of
the curve.

Eisboch

Well, GM has already ripped the Canadian Govt. for millions in a loan.
**** your idea. As a taxpayer, I'm not giving them anything. Gee,
silver-spooner, why not give them some of your money.
The fat-payed CEO, and other over-payed leeches down the line , should
be held responsible.
--------
I think $756 million to be correct. This does not include all incentives
given. Spread over 30 million people or so. Would be like 7.56 billion to
the US.

They are really coming back for more and didn't keep their promises the
first time(s).

Once they are in your pocket, it is almost impossible to get them out.

It is why I want GM into chapter 11, where they can be forced to change or
die. Will in time cost me less in taxes. That is money I can spend on one
that survives and makes something I want.

OT - do you have the solution? Larry Cruising 8 September 30th 08 10:23 PM
JON BOAT: THE BEST SOLUTION? [email protected] General 4 October 24th 05 05:43 AM
Boating solution Barry General 4 May 11th 05 03:58 PM
The Solution to OT Bill Sc General 2 February 20th 04 05:26 PM