Default survival

This little article about survival did not impress me:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...71.html?page=6

Who carries fine steel wool?

If you have an old condom in your wallet, it probably has holes in it.

OTOH, duct tape really IS what can save you.

Dental Floss really is strong, I once used it to sew up my pack after
bears got it, many years (30) later I still use the pack with the
dental floss sewing. Once used floss to sew part of my climbing
harness (used better stuff when I got home).

A big trash bag can save your life (It saved mine once). Use it as a
rain coat or simply as a wind breaker. Use the duct tape to reinforce
the arm and neck holes.

It always amazes me when people get cold sleeping outdoors and then I
see they are sleeping on bare ground. You lose more heat to the
ground than you do from above in that case. Pile up grass, leaves,
moss, anything for insulation.

Always, ALWAYS carry a pocketknife.

Which is in your survival kit? Gilligan ASA 61 December 4th 06 02:00 AM
Survival at Sea Ordeal Bob Crantz ASA 0 February 9th 06 02:24 PM
survival fishing? imagineero General 8 August 31st 05 11:04 PM
New survival suit Gordon Cruising 3 April 18th 05 01:30 AM