posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Insulators for SSB Antenna

Michael Porter wrote:
I am looking for a couple of insulators for the ends of a long-wire
SSB antenna (_not_ a backstay). Glass insulators with a hole at each
end used to be common, but I haven't seen any lately, and Google
doesn't seem to help much. Any leads appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael Porter
Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Get a piece of teflon, and drill two holes in it.
Last time I made an antenna, the shop which snold the
litze wire, also sold 2-holes blocks in plastic.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Take look here.... items 810 or 813

Leanne

http://www.thewireman.com/antacc.html#1

"Michael Porter" wrote in message
I am looking for a couple of insulators for the ends of a long-wire
SSB antenna (_not_ a backstay). Glass insulators with a hole at each
end used to be common, but I haven't seen any lately, and Google
doesn't seem to help much. Any leads appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael Porter
Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
Michael Porter wrote:

I am looking for a couple of insulators for the ends of a long-wire
SSB antenna (_not_ a backstay). Glass insulators with a hole at each
end used to be common, but I haven't seen any lately, and Google
doesn't seem to help much. Any leads appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael Porter
Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Try Morad Electronics in Seattle, Washington... They make Marine Antenna
Systems, and do sell Wire antenna Insulators......

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Thanks to some great responses, I think I'm now on the right track.
See you on the water!