Manlio Laschena

Default antenna cable stand-off insulators

Some one may suggest me were I can purchase these plastic stand-off
sticks I need to keep the GTO15 cable far away from the non-insulated
part of the backstay ?

Thanks
Manlio
Manlio Laschena
s/y Amarose

Just cut a 1-2 inch length of garden hose, thread an electrical tie
through it and fasten the open end of the hose to the backstay & the
other end to the GTO15 cable. Has served us well for years.
Regards
Tony Rowlands
S/V Ambrosia

Steve

As Tony described, I have used short pieced of PVC pipe. I cut/file a
shallow radius or vee notch in each end for the cable/stay to rest in.

I recommend those black tie/wraps. They seem to stand up to the sun better.

My opinion and experience. FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Doug

"Manlio Laschena" wrote in message
Some one may suggest me were I can purchase these plastic stand-off
sticks I need to keep the GTO15 cable far away from the non-insulated
part of the backstay ?

Thanks
Manlio
Manlio Laschena
s/y Amarose

PVC pipe, garden hose or plastic hair curlers from a woman's hair drier bag
all work well. I have even used wood dowels well varnished or dipped in
paraffin until a better item became available. I agree the black cable ties
seem to work better or even better the ultraviolet resistant ones if they
make and market them.
73 Doug K7ABX