BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   antenna cable stand-off insulators (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/26183-antenna-cable-stand-off-insulators.html)

Manlio Laschena December 14th 04 06:26 AM

antenna cable stand-off insulators

Some one may suggest me were I can purchase these plastic stand-off
sticks I need to keep the GTO15 cable far away from the non-insulated
part of the backstay ?

Thanks
Manlio
Manlio Laschena
s/y Amarose

[email protected] December 14th 04 01:51 PM

Just cut a 1-2 inch length of garden hose, thread an electrical tie
through it and fasten the open end of the hose to the backstay & the
other end to the GTO15 cable. Has served us well for years.
Regards
Tony Rowlands
S/V Ambrosia

Manlio Laschena December 14th 04 01:58 PM

Followup to msg on 14 Dec 2004 05:51:15 -0800,
:
(Original msg on bottom)

Thanks Tony,

.... hope don't get water in !! :-))))
Ciao
Manlio

Steve December 14th 04 03:23 PM

As Tony described, I have used short pieced of PVC pipe. I cut/file a
shallow radius or vee notch in each end for the cable/stay to rest in.

I recommend those black tie/wraps. They seem to stand up to the sun better.

My opinion and experience. FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Doug December 14th 04 11:19 PM

"Manlio Laschena" wrote in message
Some one may suggest me were I can purchase these plastic stand-off
sticks I need to keep the GTO15 cable far away from the non-insulated
part of the backstay ?

Thanks
Manlio
Manlio Laschena
s/y Amarose

PVC pipe, garden hose or plastic hair curlers from a woman's hair drier bag
all work well. I have even used wood dowels well varnished or dipped in
paraffin until a better item became available. I agree the black cable ties
seem to work better or even better the ultraviolet resistant ones if they
make and market them.
73 Doug K7ABX