posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default AIS + VHF to ONE antenna

Does anyone have any info as how to build an interface to connent both
my AIS and VHF to one antanne??

Hanz

posted to rec.boats.electronics

I don't want to but one, i looking for the symatac to build one..
Oner can't put o vhf radio and ais to thed same antenaa . the vhf will
blow out the ais when trinamisstin ing the vhf..

Hanz

Geoff Schultz wrote:
Hanz Schmidt wrote in news:zOednT-
:

Does anyone have any info as how to build an interface to connent both
my AIS and VHF to one antanne??

Hanz

Perhaps you should have done a google search on "VHF AIS" and seen that it
would answered your question within the first 5 responses...It's much
better to waste a lot of people's bandwidth than doing your own research.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hanz Schmidt wrote in
:

Geoff Schultz wrote:
Hanz Schmidt wrote in news:zOednT-
:

Does anyone have any info as how to build an interface to connent
both my AIS and VHF to one antanne??

Hanz

Perhaps you should have done a google search on "VHF AIS" and seen
that it would answered your question within the first 5
than doing your own research.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Don't be an idiot and re-invent the wheel:

http://www.milltechmarine.com/VHF_splitter.htm

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Don't be an idiot and re-invent the wheel:

Don't be such an arrogant ass and not help the guy. He's interesting in
learning how and building one himself. What business is it of yours how he
wants to waste his time/money? Jackass.

Start by searching the web, one link shows promise:
http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp

I'm sure there's a way to build one yourself. But by the time you factor
the material costs, their shipping and the effort to assemble and test it,
you may find it simpler just to buy a ready-made solution. Especially since
mistakes here run the risk of FRYING your VHF radio, the AIS receiver or
BOTH.

-Bill Kearney

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
"Bill Kearney" wrote:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Don't be an idiot and re-invent the wheel:

Don't be such an arrogant ass and not help the guy. He's interesting in
learning how and building one himself. What business is it of yours how he
wants to waste his time/money? Jackass.

Start by searching the web, one link shows promise:
http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp

I'm sure there's a way to build one yourself. But by the time you factor
the material costs, their shipping and the effort to assemble and test it,
you may find it simpler just to buy a ready-made solution. Especially since
mistakes here run the risk of FRYING your VHF radio, the AIS receiver or
BOTH.

-Bill Kearney

I always liked the Motorola Modar, Bridge to Bridge Marine Radio approach
to adding a separate Strip Receiver for Ch 13. They added a 1/4 wave
Stub with Reed Switches, on each end, to ground, off the Receiver Port
of the TR Switching in Radio, and put the Strip receiver on the far end
of the 1/4 wave Stub. Very slick design, with good RF Engineering. I
suspect it was a Bill Schlib Design.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply
posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Bill Kearney" wrote in
:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Don't be an idiot and re-invent the wheel:

Don't be such an arrogant ass and not help the guy. He's interesting
in learning how and building one himself. What business is it of
yours how he wants to waste his time/money? Jackass.

Start by searching the web, one link shows promise:
http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp

I'm sure there's a way to build one yourself. But by the time you
factor the material costs, their shipping and the effort to assemble
and test it, you may find it simpler just to buy a ready-made
solution. Especially since mistakes here run the risk of FRYING your
VHF radio, the AIS receiver or BOTH.

-Bill Kearney

Bill,

Let's talk about arrogant. I simply said "don't be an idiot and reinvent
the wheel" and you call me an "arrogant ass." I hardly consider it
arrogant to suggest that he buy an existing product which is relatively
inexpensive compared to the potential cost of destroying relatively
expensive AIS equipment with a home grown design that may or may not work.
If this is your idea of a cost effective use of time and money, I pity you.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Let's talk about arrogant. I simply said "don't be an idiot and reinvent
the wheel"

Twice. Thus being an ass. It's not the first time, and undoubtedly
unlikely to be your last. There's the pityable point.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Bill Kearney" wrote in
:

Let's talk about arrogant. I simply said "don't be an idiot and
reinvent the wheel"

Twice. Thus being an ass. It's not the first time, and undoubtedly
unlikely to be your last. There's the pityable point.

Clearly we share very different views on how to obtain an objective.
*plonk*

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
"Bill Kearney" wrote in
:

Let's talk about arrogant. I simply said "don't be an idiot and
reinvent the wheel"

Twice. Thus being an ass. It's not the first time, and undoubtedly
unlikely to be your last. There's the pityable point.

Clearly we share very different views on how to obtain an objective.
*plonk*

Oh my, gee thanks, you mean I won't have to be bothered with your replies?
That'll be nice.

FS ICOM AH-4 Auto Antenna Tuner with Long Wire Antenna Kit... [email protected] Cruising 1 March 29th 08 04:27 AM
FS ICOM AH-4 Auto Antenna Tuner with Long Wire Antenna Kit [email protected] Electronics 0 March 29th 08 02:26 AM
FS ICOM AH-4 Auto Antenna Tuner with Long Wire Antenna Kit [email protected] General 0 March 29th 08 02:26 AM
VHF antenna Midlant Electronics 6 June 2nd 07 03:22 PM
My new HF antenna [email protected] General 2 August 1st 06 03:10 PM