posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default AIS + VHF to ONE antenna

In article ,
"Bill Kearney" wrote:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Don't be an idiot and re-invent the wheel:

Don't be such an arrogant ass and not help the guy. He's interesting in
learning how and building one himself. What business is it of yours how he
wants to waste his time/money? Jackass.

Start by searching the web, one link shows promise:
http://www.qrp.pops.net/swl-ant-split.asp

I'm sure there's a way to build one yourself. But by the time you factor
the material costs, their shipping and the effort to assemble and test it,
you may find it simpler just to buy a ready-made solution. Especially since
mistakes here run the risk of FRYING your VHF radio, the AIS receiver or
BOTH.

-Bill Kearney

I always liked the Motorola Modar, Bridge to Bridge Marine Radio approach
to adding a separate Strip Receiver for Ch 13. They added a 1/4 wave
Stub with Reed Switches, on each end, to ground, off the Receiver Port
of the TR Switching in Radio, and put the Strip receiver on the far end
of the 1/4 wave Stub. Very slick design, with good RF Engineering. I
suspect it was a Bill Schlib Design.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply