posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Question: Marine and Auto GPS

Can anyone recommend products I should consider that gives me a portable
chartplotter/GPS and auto navigation all in one device. I can think of the
Garmin 378/478 and the Lowrance Iway 600C. Any thoughts?

Maloney's wrote:
Can anyone recommend products I should consider that gives me a
portable chartplotter/GPS and auto navigation all in one device. I
can think of the Garmin 378/478 and the Lowrance Iway 600C. Any
thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by "auto navigation". I use a Garmin GPSMAP60CS, and
find it extremely useful when navigating, using Mapsource Bluecharts, but
would not wish to link it to my Autohelm as it would then cease to be
portable (assuming that such a linkage is possible!).

Dennis.