posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default SeaTTY 1.80 beta is published - with GMDSS DSC decoder now

Hello All,

I just have uploaded SeaTTY 1.80 beta to the main site and error:

http://www.dxsoft.com/seattyb.zip
http://www.hamport.com/seattyb.zip

--
Best regards,
Sergei

========
SeaTTY versions history

V1.80
GMDSS DSC (HF and VHF) messages decoding was made.
V1.76
Station ID's of RTTY and NAVTEX messages are included in message filenames
and are shown in the message tree now.
V1.75
The "Setup" menu was rewritten.
Station ID filter was made. This filter allow to select messages which
should be automatically saved in NAVTEX and RTTY modes. Station ID is
four letters after "ZCZC " sequence.
V1.74
The "Shift" menu can be used to select normal deviation (800 Hz)
or narrow deviation (300 Hz) in HF-FAX mode now. Narrow
deviation is used at Long wave band.
Some minor bugs were fixed.
V1.73
The "Setup-Clear Rx Window Once a Day" option was made.
V1.72
Invisible buffer is not used now. Receiving window contains
all received symbols until it is manually cleared.
Some internal changes were made.
V1.71
Minor bugs in text displaying were fixed.
V1.70
Minor improvements of raw log files handling were made.
V1.65
NOAA Weather Radio SAME messages decoding was made.
Voice message is automatically saved to a wave-file (5 min maximum),
SAME header of a message - to a text file.
[...]

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
"Sergei Podstrigailo" wrote:
I just have uploaded SeaTTY 1.80 beta to the main site and error:

http://www.dxsoft.com/seattyb.zip
http://www.hamport.com/seattyb.zip

========
SeaTTY versions history

V1.80
GMDSS DSC (HF and VHF) messages decoding was made.

Great - too bad it does not run under Mac OS X.

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Marc Heusser d wrote in
:

Great - too bad it does not run under Mac OS X.

Whoa! Waitaminit! The Apple salesman at our local Best Buy said Mac OSX
would run all the Windoze software. What happened??

Larry
--
Merry Christmas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_NhFS4xEE
posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Marc Heusser d wrote in
:

Great - too bad it does not run under Mac OS X.

Whoa! Waitaminit! The Apple salesman at our local Best Buy said Mac OSX
would run all the Windoze software. What happened??

Nothing - any Intel Mac will run Windows XP or Vista natively (the
MacBook Pro is the fastest Windows Vista notebook).
And most likely I can run the programme in Windows under Parallels (ie
as a task in Mac OS X).
I do however prefer native Mac OS X software for the user interface. And
the reliabilty. (I just spent a few days on board of the firefighting
boat in Basle, Switzerland, and they ran an ECDIS map - digitized map of
the river Rhine connected to the GPS, and it would crash every now and
then, in the end it would not work anymore.)

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Larry,
Your email server is complaining that it cannot deliver email to you. Am I
using your correct address?
Steve

"Larry" wrote in message
Marc Heusser d wrote in
:

Great - too bad it does not run under Mac OS X.

Whoa! Waitaminit! The Apple salesman at our local Best Buy said Mac OSX
would run all the Windoze software. What happened??

Larry
--
Merry Christmas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_NhFS4xEE

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in
:

Larry,
Your email server is complaining that it cannot deliver email to

you.
Am I using your correct address?
Steve

You must be kidding. Never post email addy on usenet.

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I
use!
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Larry,
The 23' whip sounds like an elegant solution to my problem. I have a steel
60' sloop that I built myself. On this I have an ICOM 700 with the AT130 and
a SEA 330 with the 1630 coupler. What would you recommend for this
installation? There are twin 5/8 rod back stays and an 11' wide antenna
bridge behind the center cockpit. Lots of room in this area as well as a
solid continuous 1 1/4" stainless rail all around the boat at a height of
30" . Perhaps an antenna switch and a common antenna, as I will never use
more than one radio at a time.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

"Larry" wrote in message
"Steve Lusardi" wrote in
:

Larry,
Your email server is complaining that it cannot deliver email to

you.
Am I using your correct address?
Steve

You must be kidding. Never post email addy on usenet.

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand
shops crammed with obviously fake American products." - Jon Dudas,
Undersecretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property Rights.

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I
use!

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in news:fk6u0f$31h$01
:

Perhaps an antenna switch and a common antenna, as I will never use
more than one radio at a time.

The only reason for two radios would be redundancy. If this is what
you are looking for, forget antenna switching as you are more likely
to lose the antenna than the radio. I'm for dumping one radio,
probably the Sea, but your choice as I don't know what their
individual conditions are.

Backstays are better antennas than whips because of their length.
Boaters on HF use the lower, shorter ranged frequencies, like 4, 6
and 8 Mhz. So, the longer the antenna, the better the radiation. On
the steel boat, I'm sure your backstay is grounded, unlike the
plastic boats, so we're going to need insulators top and bottom
wherever the backstay (or its jacks) meets the boat. Congratulations
on your most enviable ground, that steel hull. Plastic boaters will
all have lots less signal strength than you. Simply ground the
tuner's ground screw to the hull with a very short, straight heavy
wire. We have an HF ham station, WA4USN, aboard the WW2 aircraft
carrier, Yorktown (CV-10), a museum here. "World's Largest Ground
Plane" hooked to the Atlantic Ocean. Amazing signals worldwide.

If you decide to go with the whip, put the tuner as close to the base
of it as you can get. Make sure the whip ISN'T NEAR ANY METAL like
boom lifts, as much as practical. Any parallel rigging near it just
sucks the signal right off to ground, which does you no good.

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand
shops crammed with obviously fake American products." - Jon Dudas,
Undersecretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property Rights.

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I
use!
posted to rec.boats.electronics

WaIIy wrote in
:

Larry, home.com is a valid domain.

You should know better than to use it in your header.

@home used to be the Comcrap ISP. It's not any more.

Larry

"Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Larry,
The 23' whip sounds like an elegant solution to my problem. I have a steel
60' sloop that I built myself. On this I have an ICOM 700 with the AT130 and
a SEA 330 with the 1630 coupler. What would you recommend for this
installation? There are twin 5/8 rod back stays and an 11' wide antenna
bridge behind the center cockpit. Lots of room in this area as well as a
solid continuous 1 1/4" stainless rail all around the boat at a height of
30" . Perhaps an antenna switch and a common antenna, as I will never use
more than one radio at a time.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve, if you try and use the SEA330/SEA1630 with just 23 Ft of Antenna
you will be dissapointed with the result on any Frequency below 6 Mhz.
Look around your vessel for ANY way to put 35 Ft of wire under that 23'
Whip, and your experience will be considerable better. Sea330's are
a bit of a Power Hawg when operating at 300 Watts PEP Output, but they
sure to "Talk" well, when the bands are marginal, if the antenna is
reasonable.

Bruce in alaska who installed a bunch of SEA330's all over alaska...
--
add path before @