posted to rec.boats.electronics
Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default SeaTTY 1.80 beta is published - with GMDSS DSC decoder now

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Marc Heusser d wrote in
:

Great - too bad it does not run under Mac OS X.

Whoa! Waitaminit! The Apple salesman at our local Best Buy said Mac OSX
would run all the Windoze software. What happened??

Nothing - any Intel Mac will run Windows XP or Vista natively (the
MacBook Pro is the fastest Windows Vista notebook).
And most likely I can run the programme in Windows under Parallels (ie
as a task in Mac OS X).
I do however prefer native Mac OS X software for the user interface. And
the reliabilty. (I just spent a few days on board of the firefighting
boat in Basle, Switzerland, and they ran an ECDIS map - digitized map of
the river Rhine connected to the GPS, and it would crash every now and
then, in the end it would not work anymore.)

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com