posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Garmin Pressure Data

My Garmin Gpsmap76CSx can output NEMA sentence 'PGRMZ'
(altitude/pressure) in the output stream. For marine use, I would like
to capture this via notebook and output warnings for rate-of-change of
pressure. It would be neat if Coastal Explorer had a custom NEMA input
so people could include the proprietary Garmin input.
I can dust off my Visual Basic books, but it would be nice if anyone
knows of a weather program that already does this.
Thanks! Hank