posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Software for Wind Direction

Armond Perretta ha scritto:
Oliver Fleming wrote:
I have GPS with SOG and Direction ... I have a wind meter showing wind
speed and direction (apparent) ... I have a laptop ... All I need now is
software to feed in the GPS data and the Wind data ...

Not quite. You must have a wind transducer that outputs NMEA data, or
something like SeaTalk, etc. Then you can use a Norland or similar
multiplexer to feed the data for calculation and display.

Armond,
nice to meet you again. Did you succeed in fixing your Navico remote
control?

Daniel

Daniele Fua wrote:
Armond Perretta ha scritto:
Oliver Fleming wrote:
I have GPS with SOG and Direction ... I have a wind meter
showing wind speed and direction (apparent) ... I have a laptop ...
All I need now is software to feed in the GPS data and the Wind
data ...

Not quite. You must have a wind transducer that outputs NMEA data,
or something like SeaTalk, etc. Then you can use a Norland or
similar multiplexer to feed the data for calculation and display.

Armond,
nice to meet you again. Did you succeed in fixing your Navico remote
control?

Daniel

Still fussing.

--