posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Help with NMEA sentences (FURUNO devices)

Hello everybody.

I am developping a personal software in order to obtain de NMEA
information transmitted by a FURUNO radar about the targets with are
selected in the display. I receive in my computer without problem the
TTM sentence during, more or less, 15 minutes, but after this time,
the display just transmits the sentence "$PFEC, GPint, ast01*13".
Does anyone know the reason, or put up with something similar? I donīt
know what can I do.

Thanks!

wrote in message
I am developping a personal software in order to obtain de NMEA
information transmitted by a FURUNO radar about the targets with are
selected in the display. I receive in my computer without problem the
TTM sentence during, more or less, 15 minutes, but after this time,
the display just transmits the sentence "$PFEC, GPint, ast01*13".
Does anyone know the reason, or put up with something similar? I donīt
know what can I do.

This is a proprietary NMEA sentence (starts with a 'P') from the radar (FEC
means Furuno). You might check the documentation of the radar to find out
what this sentence means. My shot from the hip is that it complains about a
loss of GPS signal (fed into the unit by a connected GPS?).

Meindert