posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Furuno radar expert needed

I have a FR2125BB radar without receiver/transmitter/gearbox/antenna unit.
First, I need to convert this to a FR2115BB radar. The difference is that
one 12 KW and the other is a 25KW. Furuno states that I need an antenna
radiator XN20AF. The gearbox should be RSB0074-062 (12KW) or 063 (25KW) and
the transceiver should be either RTR062 (12KW) or RTR063 (25KW). Now, I can
not imagine that there are many differences between the unit (RSB072-60)
(12KW) and my requirement, as both are 12KW and 24 RPM. Do you know if I can
substitute or modify economically the 060 for my useage? I have asked
Furuno, but have not received an answer and it has been more than one week.
Steve-l

Junior Member

Location: MI & FL Aboard R/V or Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lusardi View Post
I have a FR2125BB radar without receiver/transmitter/gearbox/antenna unit.
F Furuno states that I need an antenna
radiator XN20AF. The gearbox should be RSB0074-062 (12KW) or 063 (25KW) ... I can not imagine that there are many differences between the unit (RSB072-60) (12KW) and my requirement, ..... for my useage???
Steve-l
Did you get an answer from FURUNO? I have a new in the box XN20AF/6.5 and I have three Gearboxes (Scanner Units) one is a XN2-C2P7N2N Scanner Unit on a FCR 1411 Mark 3 which has a nominal output of 10Kw model however the Installation Manual shows how to adjust settings. I will have to study the Installation and operator's manuals to learn if I can use my new XN20AF/6.5 with any of the gearbox scanner units available.
Do you have the Manuals for your FR2125BB; that may be the starting place.

Paint Expert Needed [email protected] General 4 February 28th 05 11:59 PM
Furuno 841 radar Earleybird47 Electronics 1 April 7th 04 07:53 PM
Video Interface Cable. Furuno RP-110 <> Furuno Radar Steve Electronics 2 March 27th 04 10:15 PM
Furuno Radar Daniel Electronics 1 November 3rd 03 06:11 PM
Furuno radar Daniel Electronics 0 November 3rd 03 10:10 AM