posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default navman 3100 multi conect furuno 1650f

Hi
I'm having a problem conecting a new navman 3100 multi (ver.1.4) to a
furuno 1650 f ,I'm trying to get the navman to tell me the speed and
the depth via the furuno ,I've conected it to 12v and the NMEA cable
and the common but it does not show any of the two. I have also check
the volt's out going the NMEA cable that reads 2,3 volts.I also tryed
reverse the NMEA cables and nothing.On the furuno end I turn on all
the sentences on and also the port 1 to NMEA 2.0.
Any help would be very appreciated .

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"toia" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I'm having a problem conecting a new navman 3100 multi (ver.1.4) to a
furuno 1650 f ,I'm trying to get the navman to tell me the speed and
the depth via the furuno ,I've conected it to 12v and the NMEA cable
and the common but it does not show any of the two. I have also check
the volt's out going the NMEA cable that reads 2,3 volts.I also tryed
reverse the NMEA cables and nothing.On the furuno end I turn on all
the sentences on and also the port 1 to NMEA 2.0.
Any help would be very appreciated .

The Navman NMEA output is single-ended (one wire) and referenced to ground.
The NMEA input on the Furuno most likely is properly designed and thus
differential and balanced. Connect the RD-H of the Furuno to the NMEA out of
the Navman and the RD-C of the Furuno to the ground of the Navman.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics

On 12 Set, 11:26, "Meindert Sprang"
wrote:
"toia" wrote in message

[...]

The navman doesn't give any signal yet ,I must ask the ground you
refer isn't the common is it ,and conecting the RD-H & RH-C wouldon't
it send the signal direction to the Furuno equip.

Toia

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"toia" wrote in message
ups.com...

The navman doesn't give any signal yet ,I must ask the ground you
refer isn't the common is it ,and conecting the RD-H & RH-C wouldon't
it send the signal direction to the Furuno equip.

Yes, ground or common, it's the same on Navman. So connect the white wire
(NMEA Out) to RD-H and the black wire (ground) to RD-C.

Meindert

Hello! question: raymarine st40 or navman 3100 [email protected] Electronics 5 December 21st 05 06:01 PM
Navman 3100 sailpac [email protected] Electronics 2 September 19th 05 08:49 AM
Navman 3100 vs Raymarine ST60 davidb Electronics 7 May 28th 05 08:17 PM
Navman 3100 Sail Pack Eric Electronics 2 April 11th 05 06:37 PM
Navman 3100 Sail Pack Eric Cruising 0 April 10th 05 03:05 PM