posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default 1987 Starcraft wiring w/Mercury outboard

My parents recently gave me their older boat. Dad didn't keep up on
maintenance with it and I'm trying to figure it all out. Is there a cb
or other protection that would stop the engine from starting or power
tilt from working? It works for a second then stops and nothing.
I have power under the center console but it's not going thru 3
switches. Can switches die like that? Mom said boat was turn key.
Switches seem fine but power not going thru them, unless there is a
missing ground that I'm not seeing.

I've got power going thru the nav lights but the nav lights are working.
I get power to the anchor light connection, but the anchor light isn't
coming on. Phooey!

There is a silver round thing under the dash called Delta-Larm. Any idea
what it is?
Thanks for any help.
John

posted to rec.boats.electronics

I've got front running lights, but no anchor light on the rear. The mast
has a 2 prong socket. One is hot and has power the other doesn't. There
is a 2004 bulb in it, but doesn't light. I can put the bulb across the
battery and get it to light, but not in the mast socket. What the hey?
I found the problem with the engine power trim/tilt, both cables have
loose connections. The pos came right out. I recrimped and its working
fine. Engine started up after 15 or so minutes.

So now the problem remains, why the anchor light doesn't work along with
internal lighting (may be a bulb. Haven't gotten around to checking it
out yet) and no bilge pump or livewell recirc pump.
Phooey!

John