posted to rec.boats.electronics
Midlant Midlant is offline

Default 1987 Starcraft wiring w/Mercury outboard

I've got front running lights, but no anchor light on the rear. The mast
has a 2 prong socket. One is hot and has power the other doesn't. There
is a 2004 bulb in it, but doesn't light. I can put the bulb across the
battery and get it to light, but not in the mast socket. What the hey?
I found the problem with the engine power trim/tilt, both cables have
loose connections. The pos came right out. I recrimped and its working
fine. Engine started up after 15 or so minutes.

So now the problem remains, why the anchor light doesn't work along with
internal lighting (may be a bulb. Haven't gotten around to checking it
out yet) and no bilge pump or livewell recirc pump.
Phooey!

John