Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default VHF installation

I am going to be replacing an old GPS unit on my Sea Ray 215 EC and
adding a fixed mount VHF radio. Are there any guidlines to consider
with placement of the GPS and VHF with respect to each other, and of
course, both with respect to the compass? I am thinking about a
through mount on the helm below the steering wheel, either to port/
starboard whichever is best. The GPS would be mounted on a bracket
almost directly above the VHF. My compass is on top of the bulkhead.

What about wiring? I have two batteries, so a direct VHF connection to
the battery is not an option. Can I go direct to the panel thats
mounted on the rear of the IP?

Thanks!

Matt